Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the one thing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭uli84

Freedom and independence haha :) i sound like some war victim

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Sleep................Just one full nights sleep uninterrupted would be nice.
    The odd time we go for a night out together and himself is at grandparents I think will I just
    cancel the night out and stay at home for a full nights sleep ............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Regular trips to the cinema. We used to average at least 3 films a month before the kids. Now when we do get the chance to get a babysitter in and head out it tends not to be to the cinema for some reason. Probably because we would both be asleep before the trailers were over!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

nikpmup wrote: »
    I had to laugh at my OH, we went to Lanzarote a few weeks ago with 1yr old - a couple of nights before we left, he was merrily downloading five or six new books to his Kindle. He was fully convinced he was going to get to read them :D

Mine did and read them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭mapaca

Concentration. I feel like my brain is scrambled all the time.

Also I miss having other things to talk about besides the kids. My topics of conversation are:
    - what the kids did/said today
    - what I saw on Boards/Facebook

I need to get a life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

I miss having a clean house. When you spend hours cleaning it only for it to
    be worse than when you started half an hour later!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

mapaca wrote: »
    Concentration. I feel like my brain is scrambled all the time.

Also I miss having other things to talk about besides the kids. My topics of conversation are:
    - what the kids did/said today
    - what I saw on Boards/Facebook

I need to get a life!

Ditto to all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I miss lazy days, not that I ever really had them, but the option was there! To hit the sitting room with zero intentions of leaving the house and just veg out.

To be fair, I've been lucky. At least once a year, herself will take the kids to her sister, usually for a long weekend but sometimes a week! I took it off work once and it was amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

It's funny, before I had a baby, I rarely had a clean house. I wasn't all that interested in travelling. I didn't really enjoy frequent nights out, in fact I hate nightclubs. I don't/can't do sleep-ins, I've always been an early riser ... In fact, my new routine to match the baby's (of going to bed early and getting up early) suits me down to the ground.

But even so, I sometimes wish that at least I had the OPTION of having a clean house and holidays and nights out and lazy mornings in bed. Even though I never did those things before, and probably still wouldn't now or in the future, even if I could. :o

I do miss only being responsible for myself. A couple of years ago, I quit a job I hated, with nothing lined up (I was lucky enough to get job offers straight away at the time.) It's a bit scary that I just couldn't do that now. I don't want to - I actually really enjoy my job and have no intention of leaving it any time soon - but it was nice to always have that option there in previous jobs!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Afternoon pints.

I haven't seen a beer garden since 2008. I'm not a dipso but you know those glorious summer days.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭stick girl

In addition to a solid nights sleep of course, I really miss having noisy sex without worrying if we're going to wake the baby. ;-)

Advertisement