Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do next?

Options
  • 28-10-2014 10:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation Management last May, it was my first time doing any college work in ~15 years. I discovered I like distant/online learning, not too impressed with classroom learning and really amn't any good at exams. I ended up with a 2.1 Level 9 Qualification.

At this stage I'd like to go on to a full Masters, I like the idea of an MBA but really can't afford it, I was wondering if anyone had any tips/recommendations to do next?

My areas of interest would be business or IT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

I think the Open University would be a great option for you. You can do the modules over a number of years. It is expensive but you may be able to qualify for one of their student loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Some third level institutions here in Ireland do a combination of distance/classroom based learning (so-called blended learning).

They tend to have very minimal attendance requirements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I did the post-grad through the AUA, it was 1 Saturday a month so it was fine to organise around. I didn't do great in the exams, I figure I am too long out of academia to get good at exams again, the project/thesis/online pieces weren't a bother.

Advertisement