Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Kane

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ciuan_AWUAA-qNr.jpg

Tacky looking award.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Radio special on BBC 5 live tonight @ 19:30 and article on BBC website about the main man - looks interesting

"Harry Kane: The making of Tottenham & England striker" http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36321045

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Radio special on BBC 5 live tonight @ 19:30 and article on BBC website about the main man - looks interesting

"Harry Kane: The making of Tottenham & England striker" http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36321045

Just downloaded it. You can listen or download here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03wvyhy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Just downloaded it. You can listen or download here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03wvyhy

Was it any use? Doing a half marathon on Saturday and could do with a good listen to pass the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

He's going to Liverpool :D:D*

*I dream of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Was it any use? Doing a half marathon on Saturday and could do with a good listen to pass the time!

Yeah i think so. Though Sherwood is pretty annoying in it. Good insights into his time when he went out on loan etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Hatch99 wrote: »

Definetly. Great insights into his development and also the loan system. Alex Inglethorpe is eapecially good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Ill just leave this here........dunno what to think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I love articles like this....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10552681/exclusive-harry-kane-wants-to-stay-at-tottenham-for-the-rest-of-his-career
    I'd love to stay here for the rest of my career.

It's great for the fans and all the other players to hear!

Official site says it's the same kind of injury as earlier in the season but not as severe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

Official site says it's the same kind of injury as earlier in the season but not as severe.

I just hope that Vinny can fill his boots (pun intended) in the meantime.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

I assume season over for harry?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

golfball37 wrote: »

No, please don't say that.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

slegs wrote: »
    IMO he is better than some you think. If you watch him with ball at feet around the box he is very tricky and quick. He looks ungainly because he is tall and has a haunch in his back but he has that ability to drop the drop the shoulder and to shift a ball to make space. He also is a smart player who makes the right decision most of the time. Soldado/Adebayour may have more raw talent but they make some awful decisions. Kane reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham. Considering he is only 21 he could develop to be really good.

I should have bought shares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

slegs wrote: »
    IMO he is better than some you think. If you watch him with ball at feet around the box he is very tricky and quick. He looks ungainly because he is tall and has a haunch in his back but he has that ability to drop the drop the shoulder and to shift a ball to make space. He also is a smart player who makes the right decision most of the time. Soldado/Adebayour may have more raw talent but they make some awful decisions. Kane reminds me a bit of Teddy Sheringham. Considering he is only 21 he could develop to be really good.

From 3 years ago...I should have bought shares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Surely the opposite with this news? Back in 4 or 5 weeks, 6 at worst?

He will hopefully miss no more than 4 or 5 games.

I must the only one who cant see the Harry Kane thing....
    Hes average at best.......
    I hope we sell him for £10m + £5 and get Jay Rodriguez from Southampton.
    Harry is in a purple patch...thats all.

This is a good one!!

Apologies to Devo;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Martin567 wrote: »
    Surely the opposite with this news? Back in 4 or 5 weeks, 6 at worst?

He will hopefully miss no more than 4 or 5 games.

Yea id go with 6 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭golfball37

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Yea id go with 6 weeks or so.

Season is over in 8 weeks. Let's hope others step up now and don't do typical Spurs thing of looking for excuses cos Harry's out

Season is over in 8 weeks. Let's hope others step up now and don't do typical Spurs thing of looking for excuses cos Harry's out

Last round of PL games is 10 weeks from last Sunday.

Six weeks brings it to the weekend of the Cup semi-final. If he's back for that, he will miss five league games and he'll be back for the cup and the last six league games.

Hopefully he might be back a week or two earlier that and miss even fewer games. Vertonghen's ankle injury in January looked far worse and he was carried off. Yet he was back in five weeks so there's plenty of hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I always remember my first time seeing Harry Kane live....it was a cup match and he missed a penalty....it was just after the serious riots in Tottenham after a young lad was shot by the police and I put a crazy post on Facebook...it was something like "no wonder Harry Kane missed that penalty, the last time there was a direct strike in Tottenham there was 3 days of riots"....not my finest hour but am delighted to see a young guy turn into an amazing striker. It's not often a youth footballer makes the step up and hopefully he will be ours for many years to come. Now he's out for a while I hope son and Jansen will bang in the goals, we are very lucky that alli and Eriksen are banging them in too! Harry, he is one of our own!

Advertisement