Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking for my sick mother

• 28-10-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hello! So I'm a novice at cooking and there's only a handful of things that I can cook and I seem to be repeating them over and over and both me and my mother are getting somewhat tired of them. I live with my mam and she's currently undergoing chemotherapy so I try to make sure she has a nice hearty meal every day. So far I've been cooking a lot of stews and casseroles, lamb, beef and chicken. She also likes meatballs and I make these from scratch and add tin of tomatoes and pop it in the oven. She likes the kind of dishes that come from the oven and have the potatoes and veg all in the one. I'm running out of ideas though and she's not one to like anything fancy, just plain regular dishes but ones that don't take half the day to make and will keep her belly happy. I should add that she doesn't really like pasta either, she's a spud woman! And chicken wouldn't be her favourite but she loves lamb, beef, pork etc.. Any ideas? Thanks x

Comments

Advertisement