Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth in ear headphones

• 28-10-2014 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a set for the gym and for the train in and out of work.

Broke my last set of wired earphones due to size of the phone (Lumia 1520) and where the headphone jack is in my pocket, plus the wire can be annoying.

What would be a decent enough set that won't cost me a months wages? I like my headphones to have a decent sound from them while also being able to block out the noise from outside.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

So, no one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭metroburgers

Plantronics Go 2 on Amazon.co.uk, review.

Sonixx A-fit on Amazon.co.uk. decent reviews...

Motorola S11 on amazon.co.uk also decent reviews

I'm also looking for good bluetooth earphones... things to consider, if you want integrated microphone for answering calls, will the shape of ear buds stay in your ear depending on type of exercise e.g. jogging, and battery life. Haven't bought any yet would appreciate suggestions/advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Cheers lads, the Sony ones seem to be the best option so far. The Motorola ones are good too but a bit too bulky for my liking.

These will only be used as headphones so call answering isn't important for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭weslers

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Looking to get a set for the gym and for the train in and out of work.

Broke my last set of wired earphones due to size of the phone (Lumia 1520) and where the headphone jack is in my pocket, plus the wire can be annoying.

What would be a decent enough set that won't cost me a months wages? I like my headphones to have a decent sound from them while also being able to block out the noise from outside.

I use these Plantronics Backbeat Fit - store.orange.com/eu/mobile-phones/phone-accessories/headphones-and-headsets/plantronics-backbeat-fit-wireless-headphones-mic-green-262567/

Really good plus I ordered them around 11am on a Tuesday got them the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im in the same situation as the OP. Got some Ostrys recently but they're already frayed internally at the jack, probably due to the fact that my phone is huge even without a cm of metal protruding from the top. They're on the verge of going entirely and I've sworn they're to be my last set of wired IEMs.

I've been using these(HT820) on and off for 6 years so I'm very happy with motorola.
    M151-5006-main1-sp.jpg

Audio isnt amazing, but its not bad and they're totally rainproof. 14hrs listening time when new. So I'm hoping to match or beat them.

Currently have a set of Plantronics Backbeat 903+'s sitting here. Don't like em. The design of the earpiece is horrible IMO, no seal and poor sound accordingly. Awkward to seat too which is a paint if you want to pop one off to answer somebody or something. Because of all this, I wouldnt touch the fit, but the GO has a regular tip so might be worth a look.

Really, what I'd love is a CX300II with a battery and Bluetooth module. Any suggestions as to what fits that description best? Oh yeah, gotta be rainproof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

whats your budget?
    I got the plantronics back beat 2, but if id had more in the budget id get the jay bird bluebuds
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaybird-Bluebuds-Bluetooth-In-Ear-Earphones-White/dp/B00B6ZGSVI/ref=pd_sim_computers_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=16K0ZYFVP361GG0CC495

had the previous jaybird freedoms (j2 i think) and they were very good, and most sites rate the bluebuds highly.

Ordered the Sony ones on Saturday so should have them by next Monday according to Amazon, I'll report back with sound quality, hopefully its as good as wired or pretty near it.

My only worry with them is the fact the main part sits on your neck, I'd be worried sweat will damage it when in the gym..

whats your budget?
    I got the plantronics back beat 2, but if id had more in the budget id get the jay bird bluebuds
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaybird-Bluebuds-Bluetooth-In-Ear-Earphones-White/dp/B00B6ZGSVI/ref=pd_sim_computers_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=16K0ZYFVP361GG0CC495

had the previous jaybird freedoms (j2 i think) and they were very good, and most sites rate the bluebuds highly.

Looking at 60-80 or so atm, I have D990s+E10 at home so just want something daycent for the commute.

Sony ones arrived on Monday so been using them the last few days to see what they're like.

Sound isn't amazing from them, even up full volume they're not too loud which is disappointing as I like to block out all the other sounds on the train etc.
    The actual speaker part of the earphone is only about half the size of the skullcandy ones I have so not sure if thats why they're not as loud. Also can't mess with the audio settings on the phone as it won't let me.

Fit is good although they don't like being under a jacket as they keep getting pulled out of my ears when I turn my head. I'll be in the gym tomorrow so that'll be the proper test.

• Advertisement

So when I said above they were up full volume they weren't, turns out they're pretty loud..

Sound quality is good too, nice bassy thump from them, now just need better quality music.

Great to have feedback. Whats the listening time like?

Roughly about 5 hours or so I think, not too long but they don't take ages to charge either so that's handy enough

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Roughly about 5 hours or so I think, not too long but they don't take ages to charge either so that's handy enough

A little low, but manageable.

Advertisement