Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1TB hard drive only showing 7GB

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

The mother had a problem with her ext hard drive and on my next visit down to the house it was brought out for me to investigate. Its a WD mypassport 1TB all it has/had on it was movies photos and music. now all that can be accessed was the music folder (I can't say for certain all albums remained as I didn't really know what it contained) but both the photo and movie folders have gone. i clicked on the properties and it was showing that 3gb of a possible 7gb were in use. So how did this happen? I copied the music folder and saved it to my pc then formatted the harddrive but it is still just showing a capacity of 7gb. Any solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

I think that the passport usually takes 2 drive letters, the first is a WD utility partition... Are you seeing two drives mapped?

What do you see under the disk management utility?

Btw - if you didn't have a backup up of the photos, now would be a good time to STOP!

Advertisement