Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another bad crash Huntstown Hartstown roundabout

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

There is a very bad crash at the Roundabout for Rusheeny on the Huntstown Road, Garda have the road blocked and all emergency services are there about a half an hour, I hope everyone's going to be ok.

This stretch of road is becoming increasingly dangerous to drive on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Saw that as I was coming home from work this evening. I hate seeing chungfellas in souped up crapmobiles barrelling up that road. Hope no-one was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Its a straight road either way to that roundabout - the only reason for an accident is speed or not paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A nightly race track has developed between Littlepace and the Ongar Link Road, presumably back towards Blanch also. Reported to the Gardaí often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Pity the RSA van idiots don't get off their lazy arerses and park their van there where thy might do a bit of good, rather than parking beside Mulhuddart Cemetery, where they can shoot fish in a barrel with ease.

And the Govenment tried to tell us when these vans with cameras and penalty points were being brought in that it wasn't a revenue generating execise. Yea Right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Another incident happened there about 9 months ago on the same roundabout. I've no idea of the circumstances of the recent one, but the one I spotted, the stragglers who were walking around like a scene from the walking dead, were clearly out of their face on drink. (Don't ask me have I got proof of that, you know when someone is drunk when you see them, as they were dressed as if they came from an event and couldn't stand straight).

I rang the guards as I drove in to Rusheeney and told them, not only were the people obviously intoxicated, they were trying to rock the car off the road sign that it was impaled on.

I agree with a post above, where the speed vans are located on the Blakestown road and the cemetery, the Hartstown road would be better served with it instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I agree with a post above, where the speed vans are located on the Blakestown road and the cemetery, the Hartstown road would be better served with it instead.
    Word was that the Blakestown one was watching someone, not serving a Speed prevention task. When you look at the positioning of that van, it was stupid. There is a speed ramp just on the bend and you have to get below 30 or you'll feel the smack. Have not seen it there in a long time now.

The Huntstown / Hartstown stretch is a speedway, particularly coming from the Huntstown stores roundabout. The little prcks in their 98 civics with the exhausts that would wake the dead just seem to floor it coming out if that roundabout, around the bend for the church and then flat out up to the Hartstown roundabout, then hammering on inadequate brakes. Similar story from the Eurospar end of the road. Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

dodzy wrote: »
    Word was that the Blakestown one was watching someone, not serving a Speed prevention task. When you look at the positioning of that van, it was stupid. There is a speed ramp just on the bend and you have to get below 30 or you'll feel the smack. Have not seen it there in a long time now.

The Huntstown / Hartstown stretch is a speedway, particularly coming from the Huntstown stores roundabout. The little prcks in their 98 civics with the exhausts that would wake the dead just seem to floor it coming out if that roundabout, around the bend for the church and then flat out up to the Hartstown roundabout, then hammering on inadequate brakes. Similar story from the Eurospar end of the road. Tools.

Yep those cars seem to belong to people in toward the Rusheeny direction and the estates on the right before Rusheeney.

It is only a matter of time before someone gets a smack of a car outside Hartstown community college. It's badly lit so gard to see people crossing and they cross very casually for some reason at that spot.

Advertisement