Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kelly Kettle Hobo Stove add-on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

Is that the same thing as the cross that fits into the top.
    I have the stainless steal X thing that you sit your pot/kettle on. i guess that is just the new version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

iainBB wrote: »
    Is that the same thing as the cross that fits into the top.
    I have the stainless steal X thing that you sit your pot/kettle on. i guess that is just the new version?

The cross thing goes in the top of the water boiling chimney this gadget goes on the fire base so they are quite different.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭iainBB

my3cents wrote: »
    The cross thing goes in the top of the water boiling chimney this gadget goes on the fire base so they are quite different.

Ah sorry must have mis read the first post.

I love my KK. Think i might get one then.

iainBB wrote: »
    Ah sorry must have mis read the first post.

I love my KK. Think i might get one then.

I should love mine more and they are really good at boiling water using next to no fuel but I just don't get on with it. I keep mine as a backup just in case fuel really does become an issue and we all end up scavenging the hedge rows for any we can find. I'm out on my own most of the time and I think even the smallest aluminium one is a bit too heavy and bulky to carry around in a pack.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

This ^^^^^^

it's the reason I just couldn't justify handing over so many beer-tokens to boil up some water for myself. I love the idea of it, but my little hobo stove takes up no more space than a pattern58 water bottle and cost all of a tenner to make myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Tabnabs wrote: »
    This ^^^^^^

it's the reason I just couldn't justify handing over so many beer-tokens to boil up some water for myself. I love the idea of it, but my little hobo stove takes up no more space than a pattern58 water bottle and cost all of a tenner to make myself.

But but it's so outdoorsie and rugged !! and it involves making a little fire which makes me feel very grown up!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I saw a very nice tent stove on one of the Army Surplus websites, a Finnish Army three-piece pipe stove, rather like a grown up rocket stove. Looks very basic, selling for Eu 99 but looks like it could have been knocked up in a shed. Can't do the linky thing so you'll have to find it yourself.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    I saw a very nice tent stove on one of the Army Surplus websites, a Finnish Army three-piece pipe stove, rather like a grown up rocket stove. Looks very basic, selling for Eu 99 but looks like it could have been knocked up in a shed. Can't do the linky thing so you'll have to find it yourself.

This one https://www.varusteleka.fi/en/product/finnish-small-tent-stove-used/28721 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

that's the one! How do you link to it?

Stovepipe wrote: »
    that's the one! How do you link to it?

I just copied and pasted the URL from the address bar when I had the page open into my post. I could have clicked the insert link createlink.gif icon after high lighting a word like here copied in the URL to link to it that way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement