Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 10 Captain Poll

• 29-10-2014 4:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

I believe that Costa will play and score against QPR so I'll captain him for the moment with Sánchez as VC. Hope I've included all players of relevance.

GW 10 Captain 214 votes

Baines (Swansea Home)
    0% 0 votes
    Lukaku (Swansea Home)
    1% 3 votes
    Fábregas (QPR Home)
    0% 1 vote
    Hazard (QPR Home)
    6% 13 votes
    Diego Costa (QPR Home)
    7% 17 votes
    Sigurdsson (Everton Away)
    52% 113 votes
    Bony (Everton Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Sterling (Newcastle Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Sánchez (Burnley Home)
    0% 0 votes
    Welbeck (Burnley Home)
    9% 21 votes
    Eriksen (Villa Away)
    8% 19 votes
    Adebayor (Villa Away)
    0% 1 vote
    Chadli (Villa Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Tadic (Hull Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Pellé (Hull Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Silva (Man Utd Home)
    1% 3 votes
    Agüero (Man Utd Home)
    0% 1 vote
    Berahino (Leicester Away)
    9% 20 votes
    Sakho (Stoke Away)
    0% 1 vote
    Ulloa (WBA Home)
    0% 0 votes
    Di María (Man City Away)
    0% 0 votes
    R. van Persie (Man City Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Rooney (Man City Away)
    0% 1 vote
    Falcao (Man City Away)
    0% 0 votes
    Really controversial option (Please state)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Welbeck or Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

Hazard. Time to get some goals and assists in the league ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I've captained Costa with Aguero as back-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Tempted to go Hazard but Aguero and a City backlash is hard to overlook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Tempted to go Hazard but Aguero and a City backlash is hard to overlook.

Does anyone know Aguero's record vs Man United? It is fairly impressive I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    Does anyone know Aguero's record vs Man United? It is fairly impressive I'd imagine.

5 goals, 0 assists in 6 games.

jebforever wrote: »
    5 goals, 0 assists in 6 games.

He played 5 times in PL scoring 5 (a brace, 3 singles and 1 blank) with City scoring 17 in those 5 games.

Also played in Fa Cup in 11/12 and didn't score in a 1-0 win.

It's not quite Spurs but it's not half bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sanchez -

FHFC's stats aren't inspiring me and Burnley have been leaking goals lately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero, Cesc VC

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tough one this week sanchez hazard costa Aguero all in with a good shout of getting the armband for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Costa or aguero, probably costa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Aguero is gonna have a big day.

United are still very poor at protecting their defence, and Chelsea just don't have the players to cut you open in 4 on 3 situations. Which they had several times on Sunday. City however, have that dynamism in abundance, and I think they'll score at least 3 against United. Silva to have a big day too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Aguero or Hazard. Will probably go with Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Is it madness to captain Baines. Worth a risk?

At the moment im on Augero ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

SantryRed wrote: »
    Aguero is gonna have a big day.

United are still very poor at protecting their defence, and Chelsea just don't have the players to cut you open in 4 on 3 situations. Which they had several times on Sunday. City however, have that dynamism in abundance, and I think they'll score at least 3 against United. Silva to have a big day too.

I picked Costa but I'm now thinking about Aguero. He may not have scored last weekend but he's bang on form and looks dangerous.

Costa, even if he plays, may not get the full 90 as he's just coming back from a three week lay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea its Aguero ,was very close last week,Im thinking costa wont get the whole game time and with everyone captaining costa Aguero is going to be a nice differential

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Aguero captain Fab vice captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Got in Sanchez for this week and hes my capt. I ditched Costa few weeks back as he is too expensive to have any doubts about starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Probably Aguero as it stands. Maybe Costa.

If I wildcard Sanchez and Hazard come into consideration then. Who knows really cos I sure as hell don't :pac:

Probably Aguero as it stands. Maybe Costa.

If I wildcard Sanchez and Hazard come into consideration then. Who knows really cos I sure as hell don't :pac:

You should change your username to "if I wildcard" at this stage. :D

I had planned to go for Hazard but I think the owning him is enough of a differential argument applies. Plus the history of lowsscoring derby matches. Probably stick with Aguero.

• Advertisement

You should change your username to "if I wildcard" at this stage. :D

I had planned to go for Hazard but I think the owning him is enough of a differential argument applies. Plus the history of lowsscoring derby matches. Probably stick with Aguero.

Do you have the 3 Chelsea attackers now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

the impression I got from reading the thread was most people going aguero over Costa......until I checked the results of the poll so far!

Yes. Fab will probably go shortly but will keep him while his value is still rising at least. Will also probably downgrade Sanchez to Walcott after a few weeks.

Really want to free up some cash for this Creswell lad if possible. Down to 0.1 in the bank for the first time in ages.

Oh, and yes, I did pretty much nick the idea off your good self. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

hazard is the due a mad game where he gets a hat trick or something like a goal and few assists. could be this weekend v QPR. I don't have him so will prob captain welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    hazard is the due a mad game where he gets a hat trick or something like a goal and few assists. could be this weekend v QPR. I don't have him so will prob captain welbeck

Hope Hazard is the one who does it ;)

( and i dont even have him ) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I kind of feel QPR might have turned a bit of a corner. They seemed much improved against Liverpool and Villa. I know Chelsea are much better than, say, Villa, but I can't see them winning by much more than 1 or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

If I could be certain that Costa would start (I know, I know) I would probably captain him. Leaning towards Aguero at the moment even though he let me down last week.

Sanchez is calling me at the moment.....

Starting to doubt Chelsea v QPR will be the goal fest people expect, when we expect a goal fest we tend to get 1-0s in my experience.

Not sure about Aguero, City not firing on all cylinders and maybe missing Silva to make them tick. Aguero v Smalling though?!?

Sanchez was lucky with his goals last week but if any game this weekend is likely to be a hammering it could be Arsenal Burnley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Tempted for Welbeck. Likewise unsure about Chelsea game or how Aguero might do, hard to tell if those games will be high scoring or tight affairs. I do fancy Arsenal to put a few past Burnley tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Going with Hazard, just a guyt feeling he will have a big one....rested midweek too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

going with Costa! There is a reason I kept him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I voted for costa in the poll but im really not so sure. I was initially expecting a hammering but i now think itll be a comfortable 2 or 3 nil for chelsea. Also think costa might not start, or if he does, he'll most likely get subbed. Welbeck is very tempting, think arsenal could win handsomely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Costa for me, Silva being out injured won't help Aguero, he'll probably be playing behind Dzeko on Sunday now which is less tempting to captain than Aguero leading the line with Silva behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Costa captain with Pelle vice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I'm going with welbeck and I'd say oscar as vice captain

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Don't know whether to capt Costa or Sánchez , I also have Pelle , Berahino and Fábregas to consider all have handy games this week .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Welbeck has been disappointing in league games. Arsenal should win easy, but this is the type of game that they could struggle in.

Agree with previous poster, Silva is a big loss for City and that will effect Augero I feel.

Costa will he start? IF Chelsea get an early goal or 2 they could run riot.

Pelle tough away fixture.

Actually tempted to captain Baines or Cesc (massive risk) specially if DC or Augero do run riot

Spam? This forum has made it to the big time.

Voted Aguero but I want to have Costa as captain. Decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Costa captain and Cesc as VC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Ill make a decision tomorrow I think .

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

KUN (c) / Hazard (vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

I'll make a decision tonight, then change it tomorrow about 9. Then change it twice more before confirming at 11:25 and it will be the wrong choice. Every week this year bar 1.

Looking at the goalscorer odds for the weekend
    Costa 4/9
    sanchez 8/11
    aguero 8/11
    hazard evs
    I have some serious options for this weekend and am really struggling to decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Costa 4/9
    sanchez 8/11
    aguero 8/11
    hazard evs
    I have some serious options for this weekend and am really struggling to decide.

You need to change bookie :P

Best priced Costa 8/13, Sanchez 20/21, Hazard 5/4 and Aguero 6/5

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    You need to change bookie :P

Best priced Costa 8/13, Sanchez 20/21, Hazard 5/4 and Aguero 6/5
    Off a PP coupon wont be putting a bet on its just as a guide for FF. Surprised you can get aguero at 6/5 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard, Welbeck vice

Costa 4/9
    sanchez 8/11
    aguero 8/11
    hazard evs

Yeah can't decide at all between Costa, Aguero and Sanchez. Hazard could be too risky. Every time I think I've decided I read a preview which has me doubting my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Aguero, Cesc VC

Just got Hazard in and want to throw him the armband as well; Aguero's been more consistent but I could see a bigger score from Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Yeah can't decide at all between Costa, Aguero and Sanchez. Hazard could be too risky. Every time I think I've decided I read a preview which has me doubting my plan.

Have the same 3 players....I'm going with Sanchez (C) Costa (VC) simply on the reasoning Sanchez is looking good and could be on the start of a high points run, Costa is just back from injury and I don't think Aguero will do much against Utd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement