Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Valley & Tinley Park, Mallow

Options
  • 29-10-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

My girlfriend & I are planning on moving to Mallow, middle ground between Cork & Limerick.

Can anybody offer advice/ experiences on the River Valley & Tinley Park estates in Mallow?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Quite a distance out, House prices are very cheap out there but I think that reflects the fact that there's nothing out there.
    Better area would be Castlepark, practically in town centre and quite well built.
    Its a very quite town except for the traffic, shops are a bit and miss. Some nice pubs, Alberts, The Olde Fiddle and no general need to go to a night club or late bar as closing time is quite 'loose'.
    Restaurant scene isn't hectic but Peppers can be good.
    Commute to Cork or Limerick can be a pain, the bus is slow and the train is expensive at €18 return at peak times, compared to Cobh or Midelton which are a similar distance which are in the region of €6.
    Very central however for going anywhere within the province, Killarney 40 minutes, Castlegregory and other coastal areas in West Kerry around 90 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chessman

Hi,

My girlfriend & I are planning on moving to Mallow, middle ground between Cork & Limerick.

Can anybody offer advice/ experiences on the River Valley & Tinley Park estates in Mallow?

Thanks.

tinley park is a smaller estate,and i would think a nicer place to live,plenty of choice in mallow,castlepark,etc

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Hi,

Thanks.

Living in Mallow now for eleven years or so in Castlepark. Would really recommend it for its location to the town. Also is very well maintained due to a proactive residents association. Walk to the main street in a couple of minutes. Although it is a large estate it is generally trouble free (as far as I am aware). People are nice and friendly too and a nice mix. Was looking at moving to River Valley initially when coming to Mallow but in hindsight it is just a little bit far from the town centre in comparison. Hope this helps to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I would take a drive into river valley before you think about it, some parts have horses and sulkeys on the go. Tinley park is quiet however, nice place. They are a walk out but then again theres a lot of estates there such as cairn woods, clonmore that are further out.
    Castlepark is nice but very big and you can get lost driving around there particularly at the top entrance.

Advertisement