Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pest Control recommendation

Options
  • 29-10-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,
    looking for a pest control company recommendation please.
    Seem to have a rat issue in the floor between bedroom and sitting room.
    Can't identify access point so think I need an expert!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Rentokill, hugely expensive, but get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

http://www.completepestcontrol.ie Not hugely expensive, but get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

What makes you think it's a rat and not a mouse? Mice running around between floor spaces are really noisy, more than you think they could be.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

It's really really loud, no way a mouse could make that much noise. Anyway the pest control folk will identify, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Truthtoise

Do not go near onguard pest control.
    They say they will run cameras through drains etc, you have to pay in advance and then they say the cameras were not necessary, when I insisted, they want to charge me again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

tried the ultrasonic plug ins? as this is the time they move in to see you,rats can chew concrete omg.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 heyho

Used complete pest control, they have been great.
    Awaiting their third and final visit but it looks like they've solved the problem.
    We had a single rat and several mice, he identified the likely access point, was very thorough and set traps in relevant places and that were hidden from the kids.
    For €170 I feel it was a great service, considering this includes 3 visits, traps, phone calls to follow up etc. Would recommend them again.

Oh and I have an ultrasonic plug in thingy beside my bed to protect me and me alone! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Every now and again we get vermin in the garage and my mate uses bait blocks tied on wire coat hangers so they have to feed there and not take it away.Usual rules apply wear protective gloves if handling products,keep away from pets and kids.

Advertisement