Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

roasted peppers

Options
  • 29-10-2014 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all, looking for a place a may get roasted peppers as they have been discontinued in tesco

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 richdee

Aldi have jars of roasted peppers, as far as I know

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes Aldi have them - I think they're €1.49 for a jar. In their antipasti section which is a shelf over the freezers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Yes Aldi have them - I think they're €1.49 for a jar. In their antipasti section which is a shelf over the freezers.

Cheers guys don't suppose lidl stock them...nearist aldi is 40 minutes away

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Cheers guys don't suppose lidl stock them...nearist aldi is 40 minutes away
    Yes they do, quite a big jar, above where the tinned tomatoes etc are IIRC.

http://veganrecipeclub.org.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/recipe-620/recipeImages/jarred-peppers.jpg

Alun wrote: »
    Yes they do, quite a big jar, above where the tinned tomatoes etc are IIRC.

http://veganrecipeclub.org.uk/sites/default/files/imagecache/recipe-620/recipeImages/jarred-peppers.jpg

I use a lot of roasted peppers in my slow cooker so that is awesome

Cheers guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just a brief update on this in case you go to Lidl, I've just bought some myself, and they're actually around by the pickles and stuff like that (pickled onions, red cabbage, gherkins etc.). Sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction there :)

Alun wrote: »
    Just a brief update on this in case you go to Lidl, I've just bought some myself, and they're actually around by the pickles and stuff like that (pickled onions, red cabbage, gherkins etc.). Sorry if I steered you in the wrong direction there :)

Ah you grand, i found them grand, i'm just back from lidl myself, funny thing... i totally forgot i needed them and only happened upon them when getting kidney beans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

What are they like in Lidl, I often use the ones in aldi in pasta bakes but I think they taste a bit funny, it may be a better quality oil than I'm used to !

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    What are they like in Lidl, I often use the ones in aldi in pasta bakes but I think they taste a bit funny, it may be a better quality oil than I'm used to !

I just use them in slow cooker stuff, they seems a little sweeter, the lidl ones that is, that's all I've noticed with them

Advertisement