Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Bus Fares

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Nimr wrote: »
    Dublin Bus 5 day Rambler: €27.50

27.50/5 = €5.50

So, for the same price as your 2 Travel 90 journeys, Leap card offers unlimited DB travel for a day.

What was that you were saying about Leap card being crap by comparison? :confused:

Yes, and that is still dividing the ticket into 5 separately usable units instead of the 10 I currently have.

No matter how you spin it it's at the very best a reduction in choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Anita Blow wrote: »
    in general DB service is quite poor in terms of route choice & length. The fact that the 41c takes 55 mins to get into town from Swords, while the Swords Express can get in there in 20 minutes is testament to that. No wonder they're haemorrhaging customers with all these unrealistic route amalgamations.

blame network destruct. the routes take so long because of the nature of dublin busses service, its to make sure that as many areas and people can be served, maybe going back to the old way of fast routes and the slow community social routes when things improve again is what should happen.
    Anita Blow wrote: »
    Was the subvention even cut in the budget this year?

i believe so?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

There has to be a cash option.
    I cycle to work.
    I don't want a leap card and I use the bus so infrequenty, I should be allowed pay the cash fare.
    Tourists also should have this option afforded to them

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

B0jangles wrote: »
    Yes, and that is still dividing the ticket into 5 separately usable units instead of the 10 I currently have.

No matter how you spin it it's at the very best a reduction in choice.

if you travel to Blanchardstown from Shankill on one day and back on another day it would cost you €10.40 as opposed to €5.50

shankill-town €2.60
    town-blanch €2.60
    blanch-town €2.60
    town-shankill €2.60

if you travel both ways only certain days. Each day would cost you €6.90 as opposed to €5.50

I'm a fan of the new €2.05 fare as it makes up the lion's share of my journeys but I could see your point if you have to travel in and out of Dublin to get where you're going.

it's all very well having unlimited travel but if you don't need/use it then it has no added value.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NCD

Such self serving Dribble As a Coach Driver In Dublin I witness daily the kamikaze pilots on bikes who have no respect for anybody or any law, The sooner mandatory training for cyclists is introduced the better, The speed at which they are traveling along the Quays in Traffic would terrify Sean Kelly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

NCD wrote: »
    The speed at which they are traveling along the Quays in Traffic would terrify Sean Kelly,

So cyclists aren't allowed go fast now? jesus can they do anything right

Advertisement