Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Louth Coastal Tour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Weepsie wrote: »
    Looking at numerous options, and considered cycling to Drogheda and doing it for 130 km and do the Gran Fondo, though I'm unsure if I'd be able for it, this is my proposed route, unless I can make amendments to make it super flat on the way

http://www.strava.com/routes/1175741

the route you picked is probably the shortest all right but its far from the flattest - a couple of very tough climbs after Naul! If you're not fond of the hills then you can avoid these by heading to Drogheda via Stamullen once you reach Naul, though it'd add a few km's to your route. Alternatively just keep going out the N2 and turn at Kilmoon cross to get to Drogheda via Duleek - that's a pretty flat route all the way.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

bren_mc wrote: »
    the route you picked is probably the shortest all right but its far from the flattest - a couple of very tough climbs after Naul! If you're not fond of the hills then you can avoid these by heading to Drogheda via Stamullen once you reach Naul, though it'd add a few km's to your route. Alternatively just keep going out the N2 and turn at Kilmoon cross to get to Drogheda via Duleek - that's a pretty flat route all the way.

Cheers, it was pretty much as the crow flies. Very much up in the air whether I can make it for various reasons beyond my fitness and ability, it was just the last one I had earmarked is all. I'll keep that in mind should I be able to, and if not I hope it goes well and has a good turn out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Weepsie wrote: »
    Cheers, it was pretty much as the crow flies. Very much up in the air whether I can make it for various reasons beyond my fitness and ability, it was just the last one I had earmarked is all. I'll keep that in mind should I be able to, and if not I hope it goes well and has a good turn out

I would suggest you head for Santry, Swords, Balbriggin, Gormanstown, julianstown Drogheda. It's totally flat and very doable in 2 hours (ish) from Santry. I might even be persuaded to join you in the morning if you decide to go that way;)

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

veetwin wrote: »
    I would suggest you head for Santry, Swords, Balbriggin, Gormanstown, julianstown Drogheda. It's totally flat and very doable in 2 hours (ish) from Santry. I might even be persuaded to join you in the morning if you decide to go that way;)

Updated that there, but it's even more unlikely now. Waiting on other people to confirm one way or the other if i I can go as might have to be back home early in the afternoon for reasons out of my control. If that's the case might have to get myself to Dundrum at the very least or get something under my belt.

http://www.strava.com/routes/1175741

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Unfortunately mrs lenny is a bit under the weather so I'm probably going to miss this and end up babysitting!! Luckily the baby like the sound of the turbo trainer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

lennymc wrote: »
    Unfortunately mrs lenny is a bit under the weather so I'm probably going to miss this and end up babysitting!! Luckily the baby like the sound of the turbo trainer....
    Excused this time..I hope the turbo throws out a lullaby type thing or you're looking at real trouble LOL

Nice clear dry morning in the Drogheda area.Touch of frost but by 10.30 it should be ideal for the spin..Time to get the show on the road now.Hope to see you all later.

Huge thanks to all the crew who showed up this morning on what was a crisp but beautiful morning along the boyne shores and beyond.There were many boardsies there and I had the chance to chat to a few.Funds raised for a good cause and a hugely enjoyable day.Thanks to adoks2008 for closing down the roads of a large chunk of the North East and his usual excellent work.Again thanks to all.There were lots of locals and many who travelled also.Wav1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I always enjoy this one and this year was no exception, a well run event for a wordy cause take a bow lads,
    I giggled all the way up the finale hill to calls of theirs always one...:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

Really enjoyed it, lovely route, thanks to wav1, andrew and team who organised. A great morning on the bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Great day out, but Collon... some hill up to it, and the view after the left turn off the street...

Advertisement