Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Marathon 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭lmguillou

Hi Louis,

Doing my long run on Sat morning but Colin Morrissey from the Dublin Runners is doing his long run in the park on sunday morning if that is any good. He would be a little too fast for me at sub 5 min per km but may suit you.

Link is at http://www.meetup.com/dublinrunners/events/221388796/

If you wanted to join us on Sat we will be starting at 8:30 from the Visitors centre.

Cheers

Shane

Cheers Shane, as I can finally stick to my plan I will do my LSR on Sunday and have a short recovery run on Saturday. Sub 5 min per km is way too fast for me unfortunately ( That would be my half marathon pace ).

The next weekend I could do my run on the SAturday I think I have a 19 km scheduled, I could re- arrnage my mid week runs accordingly. Let me know, I do my long runs between 5.45-6.00 per km with a bit of marathon pace at times 5.20 but may be not a week before the race...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

Hi all, hope the training has gone well, not long left, wish it was sooner rather than 2 weeks away! Will go to the local GP with that cert to fill in, hopefully she'll do it. Got up to my longest run (32km) 2 wk ends ago, shorter runs now and Im hoping it will stand to me and not be too long ago. Really looking forward and dreading this in the same way. First timer marathon so just hope to complete it and not be airlifted home! 42km is a long long way to run. This guy ran it in 2013 and has excellent pics from it and great comments/advice: google 'dc rainmaker 2013 paris marathon' (can't post the link!)

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭coco7

Best of luck with the LSRs! Ran it myself in 2013, nice flat course, feels great starting on the Champs-Élysées even though it can be a bit crowded at the start. The race winds through the fine Haussmann streets into the Vincennes woods on the east of the city. Then back for some great views along the Seine, don't forget to look up as you're passing the Eiffel Tower! Finally the last few miles are through the Bois de Boulogne in the west of Paris. The crowds really thin out in the woods (miles 20-25) and this is where I found it really tough compared to some other marathons as you don't have the usual crowds to cheer you on. Need to keep mentally strong at this point (think of the beer or vino) as the finish line is not far away! For the medical cert probably best to use the one on their website as they seem to check for those words "reveals no contraindications for participating in running competitions." Also a warning about the weather as it can be get hot on the day, I think it was low teens in 2013 and was up to 20c last year, so be prepared to shed a layer in case it is chilly at the start line. Enjoy!

cowboyjoe wrote: »
    Hi all, hope the training has gone well, not long left, wish it was sooner rather than 2 weeks away! Will go to the local GP with that cert to fill in, hopefully she'll do it. Got up to my longest run (32km) 2 wk ends ago, shorter runs now and Im hoping it will stand to me and not be too long ago. Really looking forward and dreading this in the same way. First timer marathon so just hope to complete it and not be airlifted home! 42km is a long long way to run. This guy ran it in 2013 and has excellent pics from it and great comments/advice: google 'dc rainmaker 2013 paris marathon' (can't post the link!)

Good luck to everyone!

Excellent report! Just got a chance to look at it, I can't wait to experience this now!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Anyone know if there is online tracking for the race. Can't spot anything on the website at the moment but could easily be missing it.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if there is online tracking for the race. Can't spot anything on the website at the moment but could easily be missing it.

No I only see the sms tracking that you can add for 1.99eur. I believe through facebook they will have something but I can't say I'm not on it. If you re on facebook may be check their page.

I think they just answered your question in their newsletter today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

lmguillou wrote: »
    I think they just answered your question in their newsletter today :)

Just reading that as you posted.

No link to the page yet but sounds like just what i wanted.

Cheers

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Poor enough coverage on Eurosport so far, i'm sure there only getting a feed from a local broadcaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

The tracking app for iPhone working for anyone?

• Advertisement
Advertisement