Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C section in Wexford hospital

Options
  • 29-10-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

has anyone experienced a C section in Wexford as i want to know what to expect and what days they happen on.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

dyno180 wrote: »
    has anyone experienced a C section in Wexford as i want to know what to expect and what days they happen on.

thanks

thanks

thanks

I had. It was not elective so done on the day the consultant on call decided it was necessary and he did it later that day. If you are going for elective, each consultant has a designated day for their patients. Dr Gardeil is Thursday and Dr Dunn is Friday afaik. I hadn't a clue what to expect. I had to fast for 6 hrs and then when brought to theatre got spinal block. Had catheter inserted. The baby was born after 5mins after surgery began. It was so quick it was mad! My partner had barely sat down with me til we heard bubs cry. There was a big screen in front of us so we couldn't see the operation. I couldn't feel anything other than a pulling sensation. Bubs was shown to us straight away. My partner held him as I couldn't. The staff were amazing. I was v nervous and everyone talked me thro it blow by blow. My partner went to nursery with bubs for the skin on skin while I had to be stitched up etc. It was an hour approx total for me from surgery to getting to my baby. Midwife latched bubs onto me for a feed as soon as back to ward. Had to stay on flat of my back that day. Allowed eat tea and toast about 5/6 hrs later. Out of bed the next morning after catheter removed. Beware of getting up the first time -very sore. Good luck!

Advertisement