Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering - mortgage application outcome-input?

Options
  • 29-10-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

ok, the more I read about mortgage applications and what banks look at, the more doubtful (no pun intended) i get if mine will be approved.
    Whilst I have >20% in deposit ( so am getting 80% LTV), this was gifted to me.
    I have a steady income, and after stress test i still have 2grand left to live on, being single. I'm with the same employer for over 6 years, close to 7 at this point.
    I have no other loans (other than a small loan balance of 230 euro with CU), and no credit history - never had a loan or CC

BUT:

I don't have savings, and , whilst i am living within my means, there's nothing left at month end, courtesy of running an animal sanctuary - there's ALWAYS something.:(..
    So...how will that be viewed? what are my chances of actually getting approved..:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

If you cant show a track record of renting or saving they unfortunately will not look at you. You need to set up a savings account straight away and apply once you can show at least 6 months of savings then you will be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

should have said..I'm renting for years and never missed a payment.

Your rent will be taken into account as long as they can see it leaving your account. They will need to see a history of you being able to afford the stressed mortgage repayments, so your rent history may be enough but it depends your mortgage payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭doubter

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    Your rent will be taken into account as long as they can see it leaving your account. They will need to see a history of you being able to afford the stressed mortgage repayments, so your rent history may be enough but it depends your mortgage payments.

Mortgage payments would be about 250 less than my rent, they can see it leaving my account and the landlord has also provided me with a statement..even stressed mortgage payments are less than my current rent...so i can be hopeful maybe..?

Its definitly worth applying in that case, you might need to go away and put some savings in place but you wont know till you apply.

• Advertisement
Advertisement