Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play music through usb?

Options
  • 29-10-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭

This is supposed to be possible with the new update but i'm seeing nothing when i plug in my mp3 player. I can't find how to access the songs anywhere. Anyone know how it's done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

Did you make a folder called 'Music' in the USB and put your songs into that folder? Should work for you then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

It's in a folder called music alright, very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

MUSIC all in caps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I don't know how it works at all but you are saying mp3 and the others are saying on a USB, just in case their is a mix up in the wording.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

This is supposed to be possible with the new update but i'm seeing nothing when i plug in my mp3 player. I can't find how to access the songs anywhere. Anyone know how it's done?

It has to be a USB stick afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp has to be a usb stick. All MP3's should be in a folder called 'Music'. You can have seperate folders in 'Music' for albums or playlists and the PS4 will read them fine. Also, you can add PNG's of the album artwork and PS4 will show it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

depending on mp3 player, you would have to switch it to usb mode for it to work.

Advertisement