Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonable Hotel to stay? City Centre

Options
  • 29-10-2014 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

I'm coming up to Dublin next month for an overnight stay. I've never been before, so have absolutely no idea of where to stay except I know I need to be in the City Centre within striking distance of the bus stand so that I can get back down to Cork.

I'd also like to go to Trinity and have a look at the Book of Kells whilst I'm there, and might hit O'Connell St.

Anyone know of any decent places to stay?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

I found the Temple Bar Hotel good. Your right in the middle of it all and it's not expensive.
    http://www.templebarhotel.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

If you are young. You are probably better off staying in a hostel. They are all pretty much in the middle of the city centre. They are all pretty cheap and you get to meet people your own ag. It's far better than staying in a boring dated hotel.

Booking.com or hotels.com is the best for hotels. Just type in your dates and it will give you the price and distance from town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Depends on what you call young! ;) I'm a lady past 40...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Depends on what you call young! ;) I'm a lady past 40...

That's young!

Well compared with me anyway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

That's young!

Well compared with me anyway :P

I said past 40. I didn't tell you HOW long past 40! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

I said past 40. I didn't tell you HOW long past 40! :D

Don't worry - Age is only a number - or so I keep trying to convince myself!

A few hotels near the city centre you might want to look at - Jury's Parnell St, near the top of O'Connell St, there's another Jury's on Custom House Quay - close to Busarus but a bit of a walk to O'Connell St. Wynns in Abbey St has a Luas Stop outside so handy for Busarus or Heuston and right beside O'Connell St. There's a Maldron in Parnell Square and the Arlington on Bachelors Walk is another possibility. Check them out online and see what sort of reviews they get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I and might hit O'Connell St

Why would you do that? :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Why would you do that? :pac: ;)

Yeah O'Connell Street is fast food and junkies. Don't base your opinion of Dublin on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

This Hotel is just off O'Connel St - The Academy Plaza - its nice.

O' Connell St is well worth a visit Its very wide - try visiting the statues and sculptures that are in the centre of the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Could I squeeze a quick question in here(sorry Op)..is the Phil Lynott sculpture in the city centre?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Colser wrote: »
    Could I squeeze a quick question in here(sorry Op)..is the Phil Lynott sculpture in the city centre?

Yes, it's just off Grafton street

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Colser wrote: »

Here he is :)
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Phil+Lynott+Statue/@53.3412826,-6.2603311,20z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xb914c3194248a597

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There are 2 Arlington hotels in city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 86,502 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone recommend best hotel to stay when heading to The Helix in Glasnevin,
    Dublin 9 please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend best hotel to stay when heading to The Helix in Glasnevin,
    Dublin 9 please?

If you want somewhere you can walk to, the Travelodge in Ballymun or The Bonnington (used to be the Regency) are within a 15 minute walk. Otherwise there are some B&Bs in the area, or you could bus back into town for a larger selection.

Advertisement