Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband gone slow

Options
  • 29-10-2014 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm wondering could you tell me why my speed has almost halved in the past few weeks. I was getting 40-48 download speeds then there was a power cut at my house and since then my speed is barely 20. Its taking hours to download anything from Sygo and used to only take minutes.

I dont know if the power cut had anything to do with it but I noticed the biggest change after that

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I'm wondering could you tell me why my speed has almost halved in the past few weeks. I was getting 40-48 download speeds then there was a power cut at my house and since then my speed is barely 20. Its taking hours to download anything from Sygo and used to only take minutes.

I dont know if the power cut had anything to do with it but I noticed the biggest change after that

Thanks
    Hi Iang87,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll test the line and service for you.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Hi lads,

Thanks
    Read the other posts in this forum. Major countrywide Eircom screwup. We're all suffering from extremely low speeds, especially on particular sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

thanks for that ratrace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

There's something big time wrong with the network atm

YouTube doesn't work in the evenings anymore on my DSL

It's fine during the day

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sjmc

There's something big time wrong with the network atm

YouTube doesn't work in the evenings anymore on my DSL

It's fine  during the day
    eircom should be upgrading the infrastructure (including connection off island)to take them into the latter end of the 20th century, not stuffing shareholders pockets .....oh wait silly me!! did anyone say asset strip!

• Advertisement

Any update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Any update?
    Not yet Iang87

Hoping to have something soon but no timeframe for update advised yet. As soon as I do you we will make plenty of notifications on this.

Thanks
    Al

Is it  a cross country issue as mentioned above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Is it  a cross country issue as mentioned above
    Hi Iang87

Ultimately I will be unable to say for sure as investigation are still ongoing. however as soon as I have more clarification on this I will make sure t update here,

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement