Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Burger in Limerick City?

• 29-10-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks.

What would you say is the best place to eat a hamburger in Limerick City?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Have been to Brew bros a few times, chilly burger and the brew burger really nice there and all burgers are cooked to your preference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

BrendanD wrote: »
    cooked to your preference
    You mean cooked to order? I didn't think that was allowed in Ireland.

I worked in a south african restaurant chain in Limerick years back and we were told to inform customers we only did well done.

In Israel I was met with confusion when ordering well done burgers and was pressed to try the medium. Some restaurants only did medium in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Depends on what you want really, a cheap fast food processed burger from a greasy spoon are pretty much all the same imo whereas a decent homemade type burger from a proper restaurant will vary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You mean cooked to order? I didn't think that was allowed in Ireland.

I worked in a south african restaurant chain in Limerick years back and we were told to inform customers we only did well done.

In Israel I was met with confusion when ordering well done burgers and was pressed to try the medium. Some restaurants only did medium in fact.

I was pleasantly surprised recently in the Elephant and castle place in Temple bar when the guy asked me how wanted my burger cooked, when I expressed my surprise he shrugged and a few minutes later presented me with a perfectly cooked burger, just a little pink in the middle, I'm still alive:)

The brew bros do a very nice burger but I haven't been asked how I wanted it cooked, the burger patties are from Flavin's butchers and are grand, what you get in it makes the difference.
    The best burger I can recall in Limerick was upstairs in the Savoy hotel, although I am partial to a cheeseburger from Luigi's also.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

I was pleasantly surprised recently in the Elephant and castle place in Temple bar when the guy asked me how wanted my burger cooked, when I expressed my surprise he shrugged and a few minutes later presented me with a perfectly cooked burger, just a little pink in the middle, I'm still alive:)

The brew bros do a very nice burger but I haven't been asked how I wanted it cooked, the burger patties are from Flavin's butchers and are grand, what you get in it makes the difference.
    The best burger I can recall in Limerick was upstairs in the Savoy hotel, although I am partial to a cheeseburger from Luigi's also.

I love the Elephant and Castle man, I really love it XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

If looking for uncooked burgers from the butchers, I think the butcher in Caherdavin (beside Whitty's Mace Store) does a great steak-burger. I presume he has his own mix of herbs, flavourings etc, but they are very lean and tasty and I find them hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

tippman1 wrote: »
    If looking for uncooked burgers from the butchers, I think the butcher in Caherdavin (beside Whitty's Mace Store) does a great steak-burger. I presume he has his own mix of herbs, flavourings etc, but they are very lean and tasty and I find them hard to beat.

I was looking more for a restaurant but that's good to know tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

BrendanD wrote: »
    Have been to Brew bros a few times, chilly burger and the brew burger really nice there and all burgers are cooked to your preference

Where is this place??..never heard of it
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Thanks

http://www.brewbros.ie/contact

its just past the Hurlers on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Thanks

Where Superdine used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Have it now thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

+1 for Brews!!! .... Great staff and service too

The Chilli and Chicken Cheese Bacon are top notch ... also homemade chips!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

The Mexican burger in Chocolat is pretty damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Wallack wrote: »
    I love the Elephant and Castle man, I really love it XD

Spicy chicken wings are to die for there

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

Hook & Ladder do a sensational burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

+1 for the Mexican burger in Chocolat! nom nom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Gotta be a Fast Eddy burger...there can only be one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nice burger in cornstore too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I'm gonna make a shout for the fresh beauties served up in Kathy's Cafe on Catherine Street

Advertisement