Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Senior Cross Country Championships - Nov 2nd 2014

Options
  • 29-10-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

The dublin senior CC is on this weekend in Santry. Does anybody know when the team rule changed so that it's top 6 rather than top 4 of 12 runners to score. I think it is a good idea since the real depth of clubs will be better tested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Should be a great race for the individual medals. And I'd say the same top 3 teams as last year (depending on who makes the start-line, of course).

6 to score really makes it a proper test of depth - but I don't know when that change was announced. It was only 4 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭oldrunner

Dublin Senior XC has been 6 to count for many years (maybe always). It's different to the Nationals where it's 4 to count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

oldrunner wrote: »
    Dublin Senior XC has been 6 to count for many years (maybe always). It's different to the Nationals where it's 4 to count.

Sorry, that's me being an idiot.

Before replying above, I actually went to confirm the no. of scorers from the club's report fom last year.

I read the entire report, glossed over the fact that six individual scorers were listed and that the text explicity said "six to score", came back here and said that it was four last year.

Wonder why nationals is only 4? For the bigger clubs, 6 is great because it gives more people at shot at scoring (and keeps them interested) but I can understand why smaller clubs might see it as a little unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

I am greatly looking forward to the scenic and rolling 1,650m lap, 6 times, with the bonus 100m to the finish on the last lap.... http://clonliffeharriersac.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/2014-Dublin-Cross-Country-Championships.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Individual Results

Junior Woman
    1 Hope Saunders Clonliffe
    2 Sarah Fitzpatrick DSD
    3 Nicole Kenny DSD

Junior Men
    Pierre Murchan Celtic was the clear winner

Senior Woman
    1 Ciara Durkan Skerries
    2 Orla Drumm Crusaders
    3 Sarah Mulligan DSD

Senior Men
    1 Brendan O'Neill DSD
    2 John Travers Donore
    3 Mick Clohissey Raheny

A very good days racing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭climbhigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Sacksian wrote: »
    Sorry, that's me being an idiot.

Before replying above, I actually went to confirm the no. of scorers from the club's report fom last year.

I read the entire report, glossed over the fact that six individual scorers were listed and that the text explicity said "six to score", came back here and said that it was four last year.

Wonder why nationals is only 4? For the bigger clubs, 6 is great because it gives more people at shot at scoring (and keeps them interested) but I can understand why smaller clubs might see it as a little unfair.

It seemed like it was 4 this year, wasn't it? Only the first four scorers on our team got medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

HelenAnne wrote: »
    It seemed like it was 4 this year, wasn't it? Only the first four scorers on our team got medals.

4 for women, 6 for men

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was there an issue with the men's race distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jdunne_ire

walshb wrote: »

It was short by 800 - 900 meters hence all the quick times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Really impressive run by Brendan O'Neill. He allowed the trio of Clohissey/Travers/Rooney break slightly on the first lap. He really turned the screw half-way through on the uphill section. Looked in complete control. He ran a very smart race, looking like he had plenty more in the tank at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

walshb wrote: »

Yeah - I had 9.2km on my watch at the end but I wasn't too worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Not a bad course compared to the Novice course in the Phoenix Park. Perfect conditions and a pity for marathoners they didn't get a day like that. I had it at 8.6k measuring on google maps, and guess 8.6-9.0k was about right going on feel, but I'd take your 9.2k for a confidence boost of the faster pace!!!

Advertisement