Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brought a smile to your face today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

rosie16 wrote: »
    Just something small, I met a guy at a party about a month ago. And I like him and I don't know in what way. He was just easy to talk to. So I stepped out of my introvert shell and chatted to him whenever he's been online. And today he left me a message.

Along the same lines, I quite fancy one of the other students that I'm interning with. We all had a night out Saturday and we spent 90% of it chatting, standing beside each other so it's a great confidence boost altogether :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

a friend saying I am very talented and that I was the new jk rowling - wow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Two words - Ed Sheeran :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Last night we heard very loud barking outside the house that went on for about ten minutes. Since no one else in the cul-a-sac thought to check it out even though they could all very clearly hear the dog, my mum decided to take a look. She saw a dog barking at what looked like a ball on the road (it was dark out). Turned out to be a hedgehog curled up. The dog had clearly escaped from one of the houses and come across this strange creature and wanted everyone else to come look at it hahaha!

My mum shooed the dog away, but just as the hedgehog was making his escape the dog comes running over to stop him. This dog took this security job very seriously. I knew that if we stayed near the hedgehog to keep the dog away the hedgehog would never move. But he'd never get a chance to move if the dog keep pestering him. So I took off my jacket, and picked up the hedgehog and brought it over to our garden where he'd be hidden from the dog. Hedgehogs are class btw. :) I've only ever seen three and this is the first one I've ever picked up (obviously because I had to, if I didn't, I wouldn't have touched him). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Found my ring!! :D:D It's an old family ring and I lost it a few months ago. I remember what I was doing before I lost it and then total mind blank as to how I lost it. I literally looked under every nook and cranny in my room but I was tidying today and I found it. I know when I was looking for it I was in a mad panic upending everything. I was gutted and really disappointed when I lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Two words - Ed Sheeran :D

I second that :D pure magic :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

I've gone back weight lifting and it's given me a new found appreciation for what my body can do. It's such a lovely feeling to find myself focusing on how much I'm lifting or how my fitness has improved rather than the negative aspects of what I don't look like. It has brought physical benefits too, but the mental side is just astounding. It brings such a lightness, a freedom. So yeah, that made me smile today :) Most importantly, and apologies for sounding so corny, it makes my heart smile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

seeing it rain, after the weatherman said "dry and hot today"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I helped a lovely elderly woman across the road today on my way home from work. Turns out she's a lovely elderly woman from Limerick who's been living in London for decades. Accent still intact :)

Had a lovely old natter with her and as I was leaving she said I was a "beautiful young lady" and a "credit to Ireland".

I skipped home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Just seen like...20 bunnies hopping around in a field :)

I've got a job interview on Wednesday!!!

Deep breaths...

with each word I'm getting closer to finishing my book and on the road to publishing it :)

My 17 year old dog snoring his head off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Ever heard that expression about someone falling into shite and coming up smelling of daisies? I've always loved that expression, because it describes my life to date perfectly.

Or, to put it more politely, a very senior medical professional recently described me as "one of the most resilient individuals" she's ever met.

Sometimes I think of my life as a tennis match. Throw your best shot at me, and fuck you, I'll smash it right back at you and emerge stronger and better than ever before.

I'm only now starting to realise how strong I really am, how much I can actually survive when I'm forced to. Yes, luck has certainly paid a part in the past. But now I'm starting to accept and love the fact that most of my strength and resilience comes from within me. And that's pretty damn awesome.

^ That post :D

• Advertisement

Great post :) I need to believe it at times :o

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

A picture I found of me and my ex on what was an amazing day, I wish I xould make more of those days
    Oh and my bank balance after my bonus from work came in :D

Someone complimenting my car :D and he was hot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The woman who found and returned my stolen handbag with nothing missing except cash (a fiver) and the bottle of wine I'd just bought!

Celebrating the fact that I'm living here in my apartment for five years :-D a year or two before I moved in i was living at home with my family, afraid to go out the door because of an anxiety disorder, I never imagined in my wildest dreams I'd be living on my own so it's a big milestone for me :-)

• Advertisement

7 months into college and have my first file completed:D great feeling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Parking my very first car outside my house :)

that exciting, butterflies in tummy feeling when talking to someone who you like and trying to work up the nerve to ask them out :D:):o

At 27, realising that my cycle is regular for the first time ever!

It's the little things..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

A lovely long walk.

Cups of tea.

Enjoying a nice novel.

Hugs.

A nap.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Planning something for a patient.

Helping someone with directions.

Talking to my parents.

The Beatles.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭musiclady904

pictures of a very young me what was I thinking with that hair

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Watching Xfactor.. makes me feel like I'm at home, even though I'm like 10,000km away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Even if the weather is crap, a bank holiday Monday with a good slow start is always nice :)

Tea. Lots of tea.

The dog sleeping on my feet :)

• Advertisement

Zumba :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Booking a couple of nights away, nothing exotic or very far away, but really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was walking down Lough Atalia road after it'd been pissing rain and not ONE motorist deliberately splashed me!

my boss says the kindest things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

This week I got told by two customers I would make a good sales person or a psychologist!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sarah1991

Someone complimenting me in work today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Oh forgot to add!

Getting matched on tinder with this really hot barman iv had my eye on for AGES....and he wrote to me too!! Oh boy was I smiling ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Oh forgot to add!

Getting matched on tinder with this really hot barman iv had my eye on for AGES....and he wrote to me too!! Oh boy was I smiling ;)
    ^^^ *Subscribes to Thread.* :D:pac::cool:

Lild always comin' out on top. Counting out the money as to what it might come to and I always end up puttin 3/4 euro back in me purse.

Watching a doggie with his head stuck out a Car-window. :D

Woke up to silence... no noisy neighbour sound... Thought i had died and went to heaven.

Just re-read a text what implied I wasn't bad on the eyes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Reading through this thread for the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

manager made cookies for me... I've had a fun few days nibbling away! (They're bloomin good!)

I was in the library on Saturday, and as I was leaving, a guy was using the self service machine, and trying to interest his little boy in taking out a book. The little fellow took the book, flicked the edges of the pages, as though counting them, then handed it back saying ' No, too much pages', then sauntered towards the door. I love the way kids cut to the chase. :D. Decision made, and out the door.

Watching Ducks quack don't echo, I'm learning so much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Snuggles with my eleven day old baby daughter. She's so beautiful and perfect, I'm just in awe of her.

Over hearing someone compliment my car :D

• Advertisement

that I have work experience (as part of my college course) sorted :)

Overhearing a little girl saying "Oh my God, Mammy, look at the lady with the pink hair!" Kids are so cute!

In local supermarket last night, a tiny little fellow, about two, trying to get his mum's attention to something he wanted, near the self service tills. So, what he was doing was, running backwards towards the display stand, while giving a little screech, all the time keeping his eyes on her.
    A man came around the end of an aisle and had to sidestep this unexpected little human missile, with footwork worthy of gracing Croke Park, on All Ireland days, or maybe Riverdance. :D

Seconds later, the little fellow did the running backwards thing again, and another man had to do the same fancy sidestep footwork to avoid tripping over him.
    It was just one of those things, but it did make me smile. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

2 of the dogs were messing around in the garden, when I nipped out to take in the washing. They ran towards me like they had not seen me for a week!

Never gets tiring... Or my days are boring!

Receiving great news :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement