Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brought a smile to your face today?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

getting excited that our end of year college party/xmas party is coming up in the near future, four-course meal, live music in a posh hotel. Gonna be a great night :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

rainbowkirby's news :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Seeing my mam's face when we told her last week :)

(For those of ye who aren't on FB, I'm 16 weeks pregnant)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations rainbow kirby! Great news! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

^ Seeing my mam's face when we told her last week :)

(For those of ye who aren't on FB, I'm 16 weeks pregnant)

Congratulations!
    I suppose I can also announce that I'm 17 weeks pregnant, there must have been something in the water that week! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Congrats both of ye's!

Right these things come in threes ... just waiting for someone to announce they're 18 weeks preggers! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

So happy for you guys Ivy and RK! So baby nicknames...? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So happy for you guys Ivy and RK! So baby nicknames...? :-)

They might be Easter babies, ye can work with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats ladies :)

Awh Ivy congratulations! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Congrats Ivy and rainbow!

A random act of kindness by a stranger brought a smile to my face today.

I drove into the tiny car park of the shopping centre where the dry cleaners/ launderette, that we use, is, this morning. Not a space to be had, and two big vans near the entrance / exit meant there was very tight turning required in order to drive back out.
    A guy walking by asked me if I wanted him to 'watch my back' and I gladly accepted.

I'm driving for years, so it wasn't that I had any fears of not being able to do it, but that little bit of help, by directing me, so that I could safely reverse back as far as possible, without fear of hitting anything, got me out of there much faster.

So thanks kind (and handsome ;)) stranger, I really appreciated that small act of kindness.

Drinking tea and reading a James Patterson book in Costa :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ooh congratulations RK and Ivy! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

When I went out at lunchtime there were two very serious-looking, suited men walking in front of me. There’s a big flight of steps up to reception and as we approached it, one nudged the other and said “3… 2… 1!!” and they both absolutely pegged it up the steps. It was so completely unexpected and it really made me laugh :D

tow-phoebe-runs-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Finished exams and got my hair done. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭fits

Woohoo, Ivy and Rainbow, congratulations!

this thread.

Had a catch up with a friend today and it was well needed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Scarinae wrote: »
    When I went out at lunchtime there were two very serious-looking, suited men walking in front of me. There’s a big flight of steps up to reception and as we approached it, one nudged the other and said “3… 2… 1!!” and they both absolutely pegged it up the steps. It was so completely unexpected and it really made me laugh :D

I love when things like that happen! I was in a café in Paris one time and there was a couple in their thirties or forties there who were very good looking, very well dressed, very dry shítey looking (y'know, French looking, basically), and then I looked up and the man was doing this really goofy dance in his seat and pulling faces and the woman was just cracking up, neither of them gave a shíte about anything else. It was really sweet and all the more so for being so unexpected based on their appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Got sorted for my girls trip to Limerick for the bank holiday weekend, looking forward to it :)

My aunt's cat looking after her kitten, so cute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

What made me smile was my first ever sleepover! :D :P :pac:

I'm thirty, therefore I have some age on me. I started a course a few weeks ago and made friends with some quite-a-bit younger than me women. One of them organised a sleepover for Friday night (with pizza, and snacks, and beer, and vodka, and pyjamas.) I'd never done anything like that but after some debate I decided to go.

It was an absolute blast. Sitting around in my most comfy clothes, chatting, nodding off, eating too much. It was all great. And the people were lovely, and her boyfriend was lovely, and it was all lovely.

What was even better was I got a good sleep in a comfortable bed and woke up to a house full of women, went down for breakfast and chatted about weddings and relaxed in my fat pants and it was peaceful and calm.

It made me realise a little that I don't have the best chats with my flatmate, and waking up to a group of people you can relax around and sit down with all while wearing your pyjamas is great. I was so chilled out afterwards, it really made me feel at ease with myself.

I was walking through Marks and Spencer this morning, and there was a mum with three little girls, about ages 3,4 and 5, and the little girls were so excited seeing all the Christmas stuff. It was so innocent, and sweet, their joy.

The mum was saying not to touch things, and as I was passing by, one of them said, with a look of devilment towards me, 'maybe I will just touch something' and tipped her hand on a Christmas tree. They were the cutest little girls, and so happy looking, mum and all, meandering along.

Ireland beating France in the rugby :D

the great feeling of changing out of your work clothes and into your hoodie & tracksuit bottoms after a hard working day :D

• Advertisement

Getting the news I'm off on another work trip, it's only the uk but still it's a trip away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Friends wedding photos from Las Vegas! So happy for them both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Got a save the date for a friend's wedding. So glad he can finally have a legal wedding :)

Discovering Simon's Cat on YouTube. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

THere was fierce bad fog near the customer site I was working in today this morning, and they gave me a ring to let me know and warn me to be careful on the drive.

I thought it was very thoughtful :)

• Advertisement

Leaving work and realising that next weekend is the bank holiday weekend :D

Stumbling across a classic car meet today, the gentlemen were surprised that a female actually complimented the cars and knew what they were, I would hope when I'm there age I'll be going to meets :) None of the men were under 60 and had taken such care of their cars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Meeting my friends' beautiful three week old baby girl :) Ah, that new baby smell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I was visiting my parents there, my mam was away Tuesday night because she went to visit her mother straight from work, and my dad had to get a train up to Dublin today (Thursday) for a meeting. Anyways his meeting got changed so he found out on Tuesday that he had to go up Wednesday instead. He was thinking out loud to me about making all the arrangements for that and then went 'ah shíte, feck it anyways' 'what's wrong' 'sure now I won't see your mother til Thursday'

I just think that's really sweet after nearly 30 years together

Two of my friends who are pregnant are due this week and one had a baby boy on Tuesday and the other one still no sign. Little baby boy is gorgeous :D Can't wait for baby 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭DunnoKiddo

a poke from a boardsie on facebook (its the simple things that make me smile).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I've never worked with lights in a photography studio before, and this college course has us using them for the past few weeks. Yesterday I took a really nice portrait of someone. People have complimented it and the guy who's in it described it as his CEO of Apple photo. :pac:

I can't use it for the assignment though (boo!) As we're supposed to be doing standard high street portraits. It doesn't bother me though, this is better than any of those shots.

22383234486_bdb507c73b_c.jpg
    Felice-1 by Niamh O'Donovan, on Flickr

Costa, in our local shopping centre yesterday had two of the staff outside, dressed up as Micky and Minnie Mouse. There was a little fellow in the queue behind me, so excited, when he saw them. They were inside at the time, and one of them had her head taken off, :D but the kids still loved seeing them.

Another tiny little girl, was crying, wanting to go out to them, and the dad took her back out so she could see them, and it was like magic to see her so happy, standing with them and shaking their hands (paws) :D

getting to 37 thousand words on manuscript :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Asked two of my best friends to be my bridesmaids this morning. They both said yes. I am delighted. :D

• Advertisement

Mozz's post. :D

And I've just seen the cutest little boy in Penneys talking to his Dad, saying "Bye bye Daddy, I stay here" and he just sat on the floor and grinned. Sounds like nothing but he was just so adorable.

I have the scariest most stressful day of my entire life ahead of me.

Went to my hairdresser this morning for a blow-dry in the hope of getting a little confidence boost. She knows all about what's ahead of me today. And she very kindly refused to take payment!

Very nice of her. At least it got the day off to a good start ... Hopefully a good omen for the rest of the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

I have the scariest most stressful day of my entire life ahead of me.

Went to my hairdresser this morning for a blow-dry in the hope of getting a little confidence boost. She knows all about what's ahead of me today. And she very kindly refused to take payment!

Very nice of her. At least it got the day off to a good start ... Hopefully a good omen for the rest of the day!
    Hope your day turned out the way you wanted :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Two of my friends who are pregnant are due this week and one had a baby boy on Tuesday and the other one still no sign. Little baby boy is gorgeous :D Can't wait for baby 2 :)

Baby number 2 arrived :D Another boy :D

Just got a text from my 65-year-old totally bogger dad, which began with,

"Hey girl what's the story?"

Had to laugh. :D

Roselm wrote: »
    Hope your day turned out the way you wanted :)

Ah, long story but it was a complete anticlimax. :( After all that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Teafor two12345

I literally cannot stop laughing!

Got my flights and I'll be off to the uk :D I'll be coming home for Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thursday before we headed out to DH's graduation, I got my gym bag ready as I did not know what time we would be home, gym class is a sunrise morning class Friday.

Father in law was minding the dogs and he was in the garden, he saw one of the dogs in the window with my bra on his head!

He said he never saw anything so funny, but was afraid the dog would wrap it around his neck! OMG how mortifying was that!

That particular dog had a penchant for my bras when he was a puppy. He used to pull them off the clothes line!

• Advertisement

Finished packing The bags for Dublin :D

Advertisement