Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What brought a smile to your face today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Somebody I work with being so understanding that I'm having a tough time. Almost cried I was so relieved.
    Offered to take a small job off me which I havn't been able to bring myself round to doing. Made things a lot easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Georgie.Girl

seeing an old friends face ...in a new light. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

chatting to my best friend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Mallagio

A big bag of chips with loads of salt & vinegar all over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Buying a pair of leggings in the kids' section of Dunnes Stores :p

getting my phone working again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Making sure a friend was okay (which she was ) though found out she was also worried about me. Sorted that out and now we're both happy bunnies! And I have a big smile on my face but that always happens when I chat to her...

crushin' on a boi :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

meeting my old irish teacher today in work, she came up to me cause she hadnt seen me in so long and "couldnt get over how much l blossomed". actually her kindness made my day....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Finally got a job as something I have always wanted to be! A pastry chef! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Ahhhh congrats Mozz!!! Delighted for you :D

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Ahhhh congrats Mozz!!! Delighted for you :D

Ah stop girl, I am dancing around the place like a loon!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My husband arrived home today with grey nail varnish because I had been looking for it in ages and I was feeling sick this morning and he wanted to make me feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Gettin' sh*t done. Like a boss. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Just passed a grading in my martial art. I've gone up one level as a result. I'll be kickin' ass in no time at all! :D:D:D

Starting my new role at work, first time in a good while I have jumped out of bed looking forward to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

not today but over the last while, since starting my college course a little over a month and a half I've become a lot more active in my daily routine ( getting out and about walking and meeting people). I seem to have lost a bit of weight since I started and don't feel quite as much as a fat frump of a person as before :D

Meant to write the last night but I was a bit tired.

Anyway I got some compliment slips back from two different sets of diners. The first crowd said that the deserts were beautifully presented and were delicious, the second crowd said that they wouldn't get a desert as nice in a five star restaurant. Made my week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Meant to write the last night but I was a bit tired.

Anyway I got some compliment slips back from two different sets of diners. The first crowd said that the deserts were beautifully presented and were delicious, the second crowd said that they wouldn't get a desert as nice in a five star restaurant. Made my week :D

Mmm, tell me where you work! :D

Out canvassing today and mostly people are voting yes or thinking of it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

Courier told me a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Just woke with a big aul happy head on me and the day followed suit.

The realization that I can be happy for no particular reason. Just because I'm alive and life is great and we're all going to heaven lads, wahey!

Besides getting the ball rolling on treatment for my PCOS and finally getting paid from work, I have also found out that my parents and little sister are coming down in July for a few days :D I haven't seen them since Christmas and I don't really have much of a chance over the summer so I am actually delighted I'll get to see them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Got a really nice complement on my presentation skills from the senior director of another department :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just checked in online for my flight to Shannon (next Wednesday) for my wedding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Listening to a traveler lady yesterday speaking very passionately about how she'd be voting yes on the 22nd. So many negative assumptions about travelers, love to see them being challenged :)

running around the place and getting sh1t done, like a boss :D I'm definitely feeling the effects as every bit of me hurts (not used to all the exercise/busyness) but yay it's great to be busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Spending 4 hours in a garden center, which was mainly outside in 20° sun and picking flowers for a community garden with the best person in the world.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Fitting in to a new pair of skinny jeans :D

The other day my boss scribing on my hand....only to discover he drew a smiley face! l have the soundest boss ever!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I can't stop laughing at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Friendly elderly people. I just love elderly people who chat to me in work. A regular introduced herself to me today seeing as I was new in the café.:D So cute! The regulars are dotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Also, apologises for the double post but though it wasn't today, watching Pinocchio recently made my heart melt. I just love figaro. Hard to believe that film is as old as it is. My father remembers reading it as it was translated into Old Irish! I really wish I had thought of that name when we were trying to decide a name for our cat. My cat even looks similar. Instead we called him cat :pac: My brother wanted to call him Crusoe but it never caught on.
    Fig5.jpg

Trip to Dublin to see sis :-D

Was told that I had Friday and Saturday off next week and have now plans to travel to Tipp to see my family :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm not even a cat person and yet this video just makes me laugh and laugh no matter how many times I've watched it :P

Booking my Annual Leave :)
    Also that it is home time right now!

"Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica came on the radio today while I was in work. Without even asking the Sous chef to turn it up he did. Was singing along to my hearts content. He turned the radio down after and said he's not a fan of the band but knew I was and knew it would make my day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

Seeing my sister in such a good mood put a massive smile on my face! Lovely to see people genuinely happy and content, I love it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Looking at pictures of my friend who died last Friday. It might sound odd but he had the most amazing smile and it's just brightening me up a little. Something nice to help in the middle of this tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

Came back from work early and drinking the last beer. It kinda odd but still am smiling and feel "wicked".

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rosb

Got a huge hug from my little 2 year old nephew. Cheered me up as just was out of a tough hospital visit with my daughter.

hearing the news that my granny is getting out of hospital:D after having a serious stroke a few weeks back ,was worried sick but delighted at the news

getting off work at 7.30 on one of the most beautiful evenings....felt like an extra day off :D

Finishing my assignment which I was dreading starting.. all done, huge weight lifted! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I've taken over from my editor while she's on maternity leave, and it's so stressful - but I've just been congratulated by our CEO for doing a great job so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

Had to call in sick to work as I'm unwell. My fiancé was heading to London straight from work so I didn't think I'd see him but he popped home at lunch time with medicine and some food as he knew I wouldn't be able to go and get anything for myself.

I gots the warm and fuzzies!:D

My Gran plays poker with a group of her friends once a month. Tonight she's hosting the game, and tells me that all 'the girls' will be voting yes tomorrow. :)

There's two smiles there for me 1) 'The Girls' are all pensioners, and 2) It's just great that people of that vintage can be open enough to throw off the assumptions and prejudices of the society they grew up in and be so accepting of others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

^^^^^^^^^

That just made me smile! :)

Worked seven days in a row and I still have tomorrow to face into. Absolutely shattered and wrecked. I wanted chocolate but I am so tired and my feet are falling off me. I don't have the energy to move. My OH disappeared while I was on the phone to my friend and just came home with a bottle of Cherry Coke and a Cadburys Caramel bar. It's the little things like that make me love him more :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement