Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can my bill be 150 euros when the house was empty

Options
  • 29-10-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I was away from mid July to mid September yet my bill was 149 euros. How is that possible. The house was empty. No lights on, no immersion, just appliances. 

I submitted a reading for the time since I have been back - mid September to mid October - that bill is 48 euros. 

So it seems my bill is the same regardless of whether I am in the house or not.
    These bills are from readings. They are not estimated. When I am here I am cooking, using washer/dryer/dishwasher/tv/computers etc etc. 

Please explain.

I will not be paying any bills until I get a valid answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hello percy212.

We would need to view your account to advise. If you send any of us a private message with your Electric Ireland account number, your name, your address in full and your telephone number, we will check into your query ASAP.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Hello Una

I have sent a screenshot showing name address and account details. The billing is very odd. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

-- sent details as text. could not attach image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

i had the same issue last year, went away for the guts of the summer came back to a collosal bill, I was told that if i didnt use any electricity at all i would be charged a standard charge which turned out to be far more expensive than if i had of left the tv on constantly....it all depends on the type of account you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

So why bother with a meter at all then. Just charge me anyway....no way am I paying for unused units.

Advertisement