Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened to Rancheros?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Not so much sweets, but the Coco Pops of the 1980s made a profound impact on my palate. I don't know what was put in them but they were just so good. My theory is that back then they were made with real chocolate and in an effort to cost-cut, like everything, this chocolate was replaced by artificial sweeteners and sugar substitutes that bare no resemblance to the choclatey taste, just another form of generic sweetness. Thinking about them actually makes me feel nostalgic!

Was it a darker chocolate that was used? Certainly I recall the coating being a much darker shade of brown than the current lighter one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Darkest Horse

Was it a darker chocolate that was used? Certainly I recall the coating being a much darker shade of brown than the current lighter one. :D

Yes much darker but not 'dark chocolate' per se. I'd pay good money for 1980s coco pops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Where in the name of jaysus can I get my hands on a packet of Ghosties?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Where in the name of jaysus can I get my hands on a packet of Ghosties?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

When I taste a Hula Hoop now a little part of me dies ....literally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

had a twister recently and it left a bitter sweet feeling of emptiness in my stomach!

i miss all the old sweets.. the penny black jacks/apple/fruit salads.. the powdered teeth.. those jelly he-man yokes in their little plastic moulds, the list goes on..

sonofenoch wrote: »
    When I taste a Hula Hoop now a little part of me dies ....literally

which flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

What was the name of those bacon flavour crisps that was shaped liked a tennis racket? Maybe they still make them but haven't had them in years. They were a bit bigger than wagon wheels, but thinner. And were in brown pack I think. Can't for the life of me remember the name :confused:

Edit: Just remembered....Waffles!! They were amazing!

What was the name of those bacon flavour crisps that was shaped liked a tennis racket? Maybe they still make them but haven't had them in years. They were a bit bigger than wagon wheels, but thinner. And were in brown pack I think. Can't for the life of me remember the name :confused:

Edit: Just remembered....Waffles!! They were amazing!

They still sell those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

McChubbin wrote: »
    When I was little, I was obsessed with Smiths brand bacon fries.
    No other brand tastes as nice as them IMO. Had a pack the last time I was in my local and they still taste as good.
    Only thing is: the packets are half-full these days. :(

€1.49 for a six pack in Dealz [three Bacon Fries, three Scampi Fries]

Never Cheese Moments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I had Cadet Cola for the first time since I was nipper a few weeks back.
    I remembered the stuff as being lovely over ice but when I taste it as an adult, I nearly heaved it up.
    MANKY ROTTEN TASTE! D:

The shop in the middle of O'Connnell Street on the corner, opposite the Burger King, near the 46a and 140 bus stop - on the Clery's side of O'Connell St - sell Mini Chips

They have Salt and Vinegar KP Mini Chips in this shop, it's the Spar opposite the Burger King.

Why are the bags of Mini Chips, Scampi and Bacon Fries made so small?:mad:

Does anyone know if you can get O'Donnells or Keogh's crisps in a multipack of 6 packs or more, as opposed to just single 50g packs which are usually around 90 cents - 1 euro 10 cents each, depending on where you buy them?

I have seen them in bigger single bags for around 3 euros, but not in packs of 6 or more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

djerk wrote: »
    had a twister recently and it left a bitter sweet feeling of emptiness in my stomach!

i miss all the old sweets.. the penny black jacks/apple/fruit salads.. the powdered teeth.. those jelly he-man yokes in their little plastic moulds, the list goes on..

you can still get black jacks and fruit salads, not sure about the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

messrs wrote: »
    you can still get black jacks and fruit salads, not sure about the others

The type of sweets that inevitably used to get stuck to the inside of the black bag on Halloween :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Can you still get Touchdowns?

Mars Bar wrote: »

No but they were lovely.
    I can't remember why they came in red and purple wrappers...was there a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

fussyonion wrote: »
    No but they were lovely.
    I can't remember why they came in red and purple wrappers...was there a difference?

ah yes remember them, they were lovely, don't remember there being a difference in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I got a 10 pack of Burger Bites today for €2. Was eating my first pack in years and was thinking 'what the fock is this'? Then I got to the end of the pack and found the delicious flavour covered ones. Mnom.

Learned individual I later spoke to indicated I should shake the pack before ramming them into my mouth hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Not a potatoe based snack.....Campbells meatballs in onion gravy, dear me I could polish off 2 or 3 tins of those.....don't see them anywhere anymore only get some other brand in tomatoe sauce just not the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Mars Bar wrote: »

Can you still get United bars? Now they were the ultimate 'mini' bar!

• Advertisement
Advertisement