Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Dollars cheque

Options
  • 29-10-2014 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have recently received a gift of a $150 Canadian dollars from my aunt, as a cheque.  Can I lodge this to my BOI account? Will it cost me much? 

I don't want to return the gift to ask her to do an electronic payment if at all possible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

rn wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have recently received a gift of a $150 Canadian dollars from my aunt, as a cheque.  Can I lodge this to my BOI account? Will it cost me much? 

I don't want to return the gift to ask her to do an electronic payment if at all possible.
    Hi rn, 

Thanks for your post. 

You can lodge an international cheque with a cashier in a local branch. There is a commission charge of 1% subject to a minimum of €1.25 and a maximum of €6.35. 

Please note, this may also need to be sent for collection and if so, charges may apply. We would advise calling a branch to confirm this. Branch contact details here. If the cheque is sent for collection, it can take 4 - 6 weeks for the funds to become available.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement