Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom sales talking rubbish

Options
  • 29-10-2014 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Eircoms sales people and the web site says that I am not yet in a fiber area. I can see the new shiny green cabinet from my kitchen and all my neighbours have, or can have fiber at 20mgs. I asked the sales people and the faults people and the customer support why I cant have it. I gave them the numbers of the four houses around me so that they could check themselves. "I am sorry sir, but you are not in a fiber enabled area"....... Bull. I went to the exchange with eircoms own engineer. My line is enabled. KN networks engineer looked in the new green cabinet and found the same thing. My line is perfectly capable of carrying the srvice. I have been trying for a few days now to have my new eircom line removed but cant get a reply from them either by phone or by email. Think I will get a good pidgeon. Probably more efficient. I would like some kind of response . (1) Remove the line etc and leave me in peace or (2) fix the stupid thing ... Has anyone else had same problems.
    PS I am not on a carrier either, THE LINE IS PERFECT

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

If you're right next to a cabinet and your neighbours are only getting 20Mb then that's definitely not the one you're connected to.

I'm about 200 metres away from the cabinet I'm connected to and I get 100/20Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eamonn051

If you're right next to a cabinet and your neighbours are only getting 20Mb then that's definitely not the one you're connected to.

I'm about 200 metres away from the cabinet I'm connected to and I get 100/20Mb.
    I would love to know exactly what I can get but they tell me that I dont live in a fiber enabled area. Maybe Ill never know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Fibre and 20Mbps shouldn't even be in the same sentence, I bet they advertise that as part of their "super fast" as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

eamonn051 wrote: »
    I would love to know exactly what I can get but they tell me that I dont live in a fiber enabled area. Maybe Ill never know

Perhaps the area or the cabinet itself isn't live yet?

Sorry I can't be of much help but I'm sure someone on this great forum will have an idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sounds like it's not exactly the sales people at fault here, more like a problem in the database. You're more likely to get sales people (not necessarily eircom) trying to sell you things they can't give you, not the other way around.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Just because you can see a cabinet doesn't exactly mean it's been enabled, fiber will be available soon though.Believe me if Fiber was available there would have already been a FOTS team at your door, you just have to have patience.

As has been said above, 20mbs would be too slow to be a fibre line, either it's not fiber or something is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eamonn051

The cabinet went live last April and one of my neighbours got a letter asking him to take the fiber last week. KN networks connected him on Saturday morning on overtime. If I put everyone elses number through eircoms own line checker it shouts congratulations etc. Put mine in and it says sorry not available in your area. Anyway the technicians from eircom and KN have said there is no reason why I cant have it. Would comreg be any use to me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

well, Eircom told me I'm not in efibre enabled area (BS as all neighbours had it), but Vodafone didn't have a problem connecting me to efibre (albeit it took them 110 days to do it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

eamonn051 wrote: »
    Eircoms sales people and the web site says that I am not yet in a fiber area. I can see the new shiny green cabinet from my kitchen and all my neighbours have, or can have fiber at 20mgs. I asked the sales people and the faults people and the customer support why I cant have it. I gave them the numbers of the four houses around me so that they could check themselves. "I am sorry sir, but you are not in a fiber enabled area"....... Bull. I went to the exchange with eircoms own engineer. My line is enabled. KN networks engineer looked in the new green cabinet and found the same thing. My line is perfectly capable of carrying the srvice. I have been trying for a few days now to have my new eircom line removed but cant get a reply from them either by phone or by email. Think I will get a good pidgeon. Probably more efficient. I would like some kind of response . (1) Remove the line etc and leave me in peace or (2) fix the stupid thing ... Has anyone else had same problems.
    PS I am not on a carrier either, THE LINE IS PERFECT
    Hi eamonn051

Feel free to PM me your Phone number and I will check this. It is possible though that you are connected to an efibre cabinet and the service is not yet available to you. It is also possible that neighbours may have the service and has not yet been made ready to order for you. As such we do not offer guaranteed dates for efibre availability to individual addresses,

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement