Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Tickets are 45.00

The radio and newspaper ads for gigs usually phrase ticket prices as being from whatever the cheapest price is.

Often you'd imagine that the standing tickets would be the cheapest price, but unfortunately, very often in places like the Point Theatre or outdoor gigs, the cheapest ticket may be the seats at the very back rows of upper balconies, or in the corners of the stands at the opposite end of the stadium to the stage.

For example, at Lady Gaga, the standing tickets were 81 euros, but there were seats for cheaper prices in the back rows of certain blocks in the upper balcony (Blocks H to P).

(at that gig, the cheaper tickets were around 39 euros and 54 euros)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So is anyone going to go to it. Will they even fill half the stadium? I can't see the Ticketmaster servers being put under pressure next Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

I’m stuck in the office listening to Ray D’Arcy being piped in. Based on the texts coming in, we all need to get over this "Fair play to them" attitude. E.G. “I’m not a fan but it’s great to see an Irish band making it”.
    Really? It’s depressing to see any band as dreary as the Script getting undeservedly bigged-up regardless of them being Irish or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

They did fill the Aviva after 3 O2 gigs a few years ago I'm not sure if they will be as lucky with Croke Park given tickets are €80 or so, should of been a bit lower.

I'm expecting this gig to just about break even, hopefully for MCD's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

AlanG wrote: »
    Oh Well, Looks like the Aviva will be the venue for the big group this summer. Its booked for a min 3 night concert run in the summer. Now who could that be?????

Don't know if its true/another rumour/bla

But I had a post in after hours in cheap transatlantic flights to America for like €10 in a Ryanair thread...I got a bit too carried away thinking I can go next week to see my hero... But it won't be for another few more years.

Anyway, someone quoted me saying that he heard that Garth Brooks is for the Aviva next year. The same user who seems to be into rugby a lot. So could have connections to the Aviva.

Not getting my hopes up for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Triboro

Nothing against the script but...please.

Major announcement????

Holy **** €45 for tickets (I'm guessing that accounts for standing and seating's higher).

They have a fair shot of selling out Croker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Typical.

The hipsters and teenage girls get a venue in the centre of Dublin and the rock fans will be shunted off to a field in the middle of nowhere (Punchestown/Slane) when/if AC/DC are announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

When are the Slane acts announced does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

karaokeman wrote: »
    Holy **** €45 for tickets (I'm guessing that accounts for standing and seating's higher).

They have a fair shot of selling out Croker now.

I'm shocked that someone thinks €45 is cheap for the Script.

U2 would have charged €60ish. By that reckoning Script tickets should be €1.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Meangadh wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd be unsure of them selling out Croke Park... I know they're fairly popular, but over 80,000 tickets?

I'm with the others on the underwhelming feeling after the announcement. I have no ill feelings towards The Script, they're clearly successful in what they do- but I was genuinely expecting a bigger name. Very meh from me anyway.

I guess The Script are a suitable choice for Croke Park because they are very successful at the moment.

I guess there's not that many bands who promoters can be sure of drawing such a big crowd for places like the Aviva or Croke Park, who haven't already done these type of big gigs already, over recent years.

The interesting thing about the Slane gigs over the years is that a lot of the bands that have played it, did so at a great height in their popularity, like Queen, Guns N Roses, Robbie Williams and then the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2003,

(the RHCP played here four years in a row, 2002 Lansdowne, 2003 Slane, 2004 Phoenix Park with Pixies and then 2005 Oxegen, as far as I recall)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

poundhound wrote: »
    Typical.

The hipsters and teenage girls get a venue in the centre of Dublin and the rock fans will be shunted off to a field in the middle of nowhere (Punchestown/Slane) when/if AC/DC are announced.

hipsters? at The Script? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DylanAFC wrote: »
    When are the Slane acts announced does anyone know?

Normally late november early December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Terrible to see how far the music tastes of the Irish public have descended to where a band like that can fill Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Typical.

Hipsters? At the Script? You REALLY need to find out what a Hipster is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Terrible to see how far the music tastes of the Irish public have descended to where a band like that can fill Croke Park

Will they fill it though, i think its a big ask

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Awful lot of Hipsters in this thread, that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

decended?

they are better than a rake of stuff like Bon Jovi, Billy Ray Cyrus or Garth Brooks which were (/are) surprisingly popular in Ireland in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Will they fill it though, i think its a big ask
    Why the obsession to fill it.

Last time they payed Aviva, filled it, so it's only logical that this year they'd go somewhere bigger, even if it's 70k it was worth going to Croker to get the extra 15k in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

I reckon that over the 8 month period between now and the gig that this will sell fairly well, looking at +60,000 i would imagine initially. Their popularity would have increased since the +50,000 Aviva sell out in 2011.

You could easily pick up another 5,000-10,000 with the addition of another mainstream support act like Kodaline, The Coronas etc.

Suddenly, almost 70,000 tickets are sold.

A cracking weather forecast for the day of the gig would help bump the crowd by another 3,000 to 5,000.

*Of course now of this may happen and you end up with another RHCP sized crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Guaranteed a sell out with Pharrell added to it.
    Where was this €45 a ticket announced? Nothing about price on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

burkey85 wrote: »

He didn't help being on the Kanye West line up in Marlay Park this year. Ticket sales for that were very poor.

Typical.

Think its more like the hipsters will be hating on this gig until the day, pontificating about how the tastes of Irish music fans have delined, that concert going is becoming mainstream, we've heard it all in this thread.

At the end of the day music is music. Like what you like because there's always good stuff out there that suits your taste buds if your willing to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

This concerts on a Saturday night, that concert was on a wednesday which was absolutely stupid.
    Anybody not from dublin, had to take the wednesday and thursday off work to go, me being one, hence i missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

just looked on ticketmaster now and it says price range €45 - €79.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Are AC/DC definitely playing Slane?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

This concerts on a Saturday night, that concert was on a wednesday which was absolutely stupid.
    Anybody not from dublin, had to take the wednesday and thursday off work to go, me being one, hence i missed out

That's always been the way but it didn't hurt Macklemore being on a Thursday night. He played the biggest crowd of his career midweek in the same park the week after Kanye.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Meangadh wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd be unsure of them selling out Croke Park... I know they're fairly popular, but over 80,000 tickets?

I'm with the others on the underwhelming feeling after the announcement. I have no ill feelings towards The Script, they're clearly successful in what they do- but I was genuinely expecting a bigger name. Very meh from me anyway.

I think they will sell out and even do a second show there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Are AC/DC definitely playing Slane?

No announcement has been made yet, so it's only a rumour. Fingers crossed though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

It would take someone I was really really really into to play Slane before I would even consider going to another concert there. Great venue once you're in but absolutely painful to get in and out of- so unless you're really into the act, between the inconvenience of it and the cost of the ticket, it's so not worth it.

Advertisement