Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

peejay1986 wrote: »
    No announcement has been made yet, so it's only a rumour. Fingers crossed though.

Ok. I hate that kip, but I'd go see ACDC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think they will sell out and even do a second show there tbh

Maybe depending on the final line up if they add Hozier or something, although even at that I'm not sure- but as it stands I seriously doubt The Script would sell over 160,000 tickets, even with support from Pharrell.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

messrs wrote: »
    just looked on ticketmaster now and it says price range €45 - €79.50

I'm happy with that, ill be going.
    Saw the Script last year in Australia, put on a very good show and would like to see Pharrell live.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see someone else added to the line up, more along the lines of a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ok. I hate that kip, but I'd go see ACDC

Exactly my thoughts. They're pretty much the only band that'd drag me back. Hate Slane as a venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

God I cant believe after all that it's confirmed as The Script, one of the worst bands to come out of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

God I cant believe after all that it's confirmed as The Script, one of the worst bands to come out of Ireland

Careful, you might be accused of being a begrudger instead of someone with actual taste.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Careful, you might be accused of being a begrudger instead of someone with actual taste.

God forbid! I can appreciate the template for every Scipt song ever though, 'Drinking alone in Dublin after a breakup'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think they will sell out and even do a second show there tbh

I think two nights would be too risky for MCD, one will do.

And what do you know, the hipsters keep coming :P.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I think two nights would be too risky for MCD, one will do.

And what do you know, the hipsters keep coming :P.

Ah dude i'm the most unhip person in the universe and even I know the script are musical vomit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ah dude i'm the most unhip person in the universe and even I know the script are musical vomit

Little harsh no? Like I'm not their biggest fan, but there's a hell of a lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Little harsh no? Like I'm not their biggest fan, but there's a hell of a lot worse

They're worse than ebola.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Pharrell is a support act

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

A "hell of a lot" worse? No, but there are bands who are a little bit worse.

Although thankfully, those bands don't get championed by tin-eared DJs and promoters like the Script do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A "hell of a lot" worse? No, but there are bands are are a little bit worse.

Although thankfully, those bands don't get championed up by tin-eared DJs and promoters like the Script do.

Macklemore, coldplay, one Republic, all championed and a hell of a damn lot worse than the Script..

Least the,script have, to some extent, earned their place in CP, like they've played, and sold out every other venue..

Like I won't be paying them money, cause they're not my cup of tea but they've certainly worked for it.

I'm sure there is but these boys are so generic and mundane it's ridiculous how they get championed on the simple fact they're Irish, every song they have on the radio starts with a 2 line spoken speech from the singer about how you're about to listen to an 'uplifting song' so strap yourself in cause here comes some feel good tripe, Snore. I'm ranting about these a bit much now, I need a coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I find the script to be musical white noise, i could barely pick one of their songs out of a lineup, i just really wanted to get excited by this announcement. Like I'm 90% sure. Foos and ac/dc are playing next year and everytime the announcement isn't them it stings a little bit.

(I know foos weren't gonna be this)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Macklemore, coldplay, one Republic, all championed and a hell of a damn lot worse than the Script..

Least the,script have, to some extent, earned their place in CP, like they've played, and sold out every other venue..

Like I won't be paying them money, cause they're not my cup of tea but they've certainly worked for it.

I think we're comparing different shades of s**** here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Script? Is this a piss take? They are f*cking horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I find the script to be musical white noise, i could barely pick one of their songs out of a lineup, i just really wanted to get excited by this announcement. Like I'm 90% sure. Foos and ac/dc are playing next year and everytime the announcement isn't them it stings a little bit.

(I know foos weren't gonna be this)

The Foos, different genre, almost as bland as the Script to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

no doubt they will sell it.
    Kodaline and Hozier will be added and that will sell it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

JackMcA wrote: »

And MCD will laugh all the way to the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 86,603 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JackMcA wrote: »

George Ezra and Hozier I think will be added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭micar

the script are a muck band that play puke music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

And MCD will laugh all the way to the bank

A lot of people writing in this discussion may not like The Script or Kodaline, but if they are popular enough to play in places like Croke Park, or the Aviva, or 3Arena, why do people automatically criticise promoters for organising such concerts?

Is it just based on ticket prices that promoters get the criticism? I think no matter who promotes an event, be it a live music or sporting event, in a place like Croke Park, the tickets will be quite expensive.

(The tickets for GAA matches can range from 45 to 60 euros)

I would think, at any given time, there'd be only a handful of bands that are capable of filling venues, of the size of big outdoor venues, like Croke Park, Slane or the Aviva.

And many of those bands can probably only command such a crowd for a certain stage in their careers.

I'm sure everyone posting here has been at gigs over the years that didn't sell anywhere near as well as expected and as a result the promoters of those gigs has not brought those bands back on their next tour.

And then there's bands that play the US, UK and Europe that promoters won't risk bringing over here, even once, because they feel that they wouldn't get the crowd here and risk losing money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

AlanG wrote: »
    Oh Well, Looks like the Aviva will be the venue for the big group this summer. Its booked for a min 3 night concert run in the summer. Now who could that be?????

Just something about your post, that struck me. Just thought of something there.

You say its booked for a minimum 3 night concert run. Minimum? Or only? Or more?

The word minimum threw me off....if its anything like Croke Park, should the word be maximum of 3 nights ???

Should we expect 5 nights in the Aviva ??? Have you any inside information ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Opinions are opinions, but sometimes they are so wrong they deserve to be punished! The Script are a lil better than The Coronas, they're maybe league 2, Coldplay are Premiership, not even same league, there is 2 leagues between them, maybe more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Coldplay and Eagles in Aviva..

Look at my posts. 2 nights Coldplay and the Eagles one night the next weekend.

Dates TBC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Foos, different genre, almost as bland as the Script to be honest.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

dubscottie wrote: »

Dates TBC

Thanks for this.

Its a sad state of affairs when you go thrawling to other peoples posts...to find out that you work in the Aviva.

No better person to have some kind of inside information.

No Garth Brooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

dubscottie wrote: »

Dates TBC

Source?

Advertisement