Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Birneybau wrote: »
    The Foos, different genre, almost as bland as the Script to be honest.

jesus christ, you're having an absolute laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

jesus christ, you're having an absolute laugh.

Well that's music tastes for you. Some of my friends absolutely love the Foos too but I just don't hear it. Seems very by-the-numbers kinda stuff. And Dave Grohl, in spite being a drum-legend and all-round dude, always comes across way too over-earnest on the vocals.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

LOL

I stand by that comment 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I stand by that comment 100%.
    Its just a silly comment though..

Foos not in the Aviva means theyll be in Marlay Park.. Bleeh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Its just a silly comment though..

Foos not in the Aviva means theyll be in Marlay Park.. Bleeh

Why is it a silly comment? People disagree with it yet won't explain how the Foo Fighters are not bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Opinions are opinions, but sometimes they are so wrong they deserve to be punished! The Script are a lil better than The Coronas, they're maybe league 2, Coldplay are Premiership, not even same league, there is 2 leagues between them, maybe more.

Premiership? Maybe airtricity premier league level.ya.. Coldplay are the Blandest, most boring band ive ever seen..

Script have sold out the Aviva and every album has gone staright to number one, mightnt like them, fine, but theyve earned their Croke Park gig.

Will they sell it though is another story

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Why is it a silly comment? People disagree with it yet won't explain how the Foo Fighters are not bland.

One band that certainly isn't bland is Booker T and the MG's!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Foos, different genre, almost as bland as the Script to be honest.

The Foos are almost as boring as the script. Incredibly mediocre radio friendly rock. Whats most annoying about that is the members of The Foos were all in far more interesting bands beforehand, Nirvana, Scream, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Germs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

MadYaker wrote: »
    The Foos are almost as boring as the script. Incredibly mediocre radio friendly rock. Whats most annoying about that is the members of The Foos were all in far more interesting bands beforehand, Nirvana, Scream, Sunny Day Real Estate, The Germs.

Ah, don't be quoting Silverscreen without reference now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Pharrell is a support act
    doubt he'd sell 82,000 tickets on his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised Pharrell is a support act

Same here, I dont think he went down well last time he was here everyone was just waiting for him to sing Get Clucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Might buy a pair for the OH for Chrimbo??? I can't stand them meself......

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Truly dreadful and mind numbingly mediocre from every aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Doris300 wrote: »

Truly dreadful and mind numbingly mediocre from every aspect.

Ah come on now!!! My Mam like it. I know she is 80 but she has good taste. Its not a bad tune.

Ah i cant even lie. You should get a ban for posting that :D. Awful shi*e.

I cringed when they were on Jools Holland. C'mon Jools, never again man. These lads are a bland pop band. Check out the guitar riff in this song. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Not gonna lie, I somewhat liked The Script when they released their first album a few years ago, wouldn't have been a fan, but I'd enjoy if one of their songs was played on the radio. But they've just turned into the same crap that everyone else produces.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,045 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've never seen them mention it ...but are the script a christian pop band????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

While were talking of The Script would there gig that tickets go on sale tomorrow be sold out quick? Just looking to get tickets but am in work until 6 2mro night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Gringo180 wrote: »
    While were talking of The Script would there gig that tickets go on sale tomorrow be sold out quick? Just looking to get tickets but am in work until 6 2mro night

You won't have any problems getting tickets tomorrow night.

In saying that, you might find it difficult to get some of the better seats (lower tiers or premium near the stage) after the initial rush in the morning but you'll be able to get standing tickets and upper tier seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

In saying that, you might find it difficult to get some of the better seats (lower tiers or premium near the stage) after the initial rush in the morning but you'll be able to get standing tickets and upper tier seats.

Ah lovely stuff thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What about tickets for people with disabilities??

• Advertisement

Would standing not sell quicker?

I guess it depends on the price of seats compared to standing.

It doesn't yet clarify on ticketmaster's site, the prices of the specific tickets, for example it doesn't yet state if the most expensive tickets at 79.50, are seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Does anyone know how much the standing tickets are for this need going to be getting a pair for my sister for Xmas? Will I need to be logged on at 9am or will there be a few of these available for a while?

What about tickets for people with disabilities??

I think you may have to phone ticketmaster to buy accessible seated tickets.

There are contact details on this page:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/a_seating.html

"Ticketmaster, on behalf of its clients, strives to make it as easy as possible to purchase accessible seating for venues across the country. Most venues offer accessible seating areas to accommodate their guests. Availability and type of accessible seating will vary based on each venue's policies and/or the type of event taking place.

Note: Venues are solely responsible for establishing their own accessible seating policies. Some venues sell all or a portion of their accessible seats only through their box office and not through Ticketmaster.

Order your tickets by phone at the number below. Please note that Ticketmaster aims to process requests for accessible seating as soon as they are received, but heavy volume can result in delays.

Telephone Numbers
    0818903001 (Republic of Ireland)
    00353 818 903 001 (International)
    Service Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 18:00 and Saturday 9:30am to 18:00".

There are details on Croke Park's website about Special Needs Tickets

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/match-day-information/ticket-information

http://www.crokepark.ie/about/accessibility/match-concert-day.aspx

"Match Day/Concert

Wheelchair Tickets - GAA Match Fixtures
    • Competing clubs and county boards are your first point of contact for all ticket requests. When tickets are not fully sold, they are available through the GAA ticket office and on the day from ticket outlets on the approach routes to the stadium. View full listing of Provincial Clubs and County Boards.
    • Information on ticket sales can be found here

Wheelchair Tickets - Concerts
    • There are additional designated areas for concerts.
    • Contact Ticketmaster Special Needs Hotline:0818 715 627 (Republic of Ireland) or +353 1 648 6060 (International).

Seating
    • Wheelchair spaces are located on Level 4 on the Cusack and Davin Stands.
    • All seats have access to toilet, bar and snack bar facilities.
    • Stewards will direct spectators to nearby lifts as appropriate.
    • Please note that the entrance for wheelchair users on public level is through the A2 gate at the Cusack Stand turnstiles.

Parking Arrangements
    • There is no parking for disabled patrons in Croke Park itself.
    • There is ample parking in Clonliffe car park in a reserved area for disabled patrons. Entry is off Drumcondra Road and the charge is €10".

"There are limited parking spaces for disabled patrons in O’Connell Schools which is on a first come first served basis.

Stewarding for Disabled Spectators

There are a number of dedicated stewards who have voluntarily undertaken specific disability awareness training and are deployed to appropriate locations within the Stadium.

These stewards will be pleased to offer assistance to our disabled visitors".

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Wait time 15 min when searching on ticket master

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

Re Script tics. Twice I've gotten the reply, no ticket available. I've been on since 9am. On my third and final attempt.

Who gets these tickets?? I never seem to be lucky enough to get tickets for these big gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yeah it is ridiculous went 15 to 8 back to 9 back 10 down to 9 then found a problem!!!! Has to be ****est site to buy off!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

MelachiT wrote: »
    Re Script tics. Twice I've gotten the reply, no ticket available. I've been on since 9am. On my third and final attempt.

Who gets these tickets?? I never seem to be lucky enough to get tickets for these big gigs.

Touts!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Eventually got mine after 25 mins, try the phone but it's a verrrryy long winded avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MelachiT

At last, got them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Anyone manage to get premium level tickets?

Advertisement