Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

where did MCD say that there would be an announcement? don't see anything on their fb or twitter pages today...

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/1029/655646-croke-park-set-for-major-concert-announcement/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

One Direction are about to release a new album and they just announced a rake of EU dates with the UK and Ireland ones to appear shortly.

I'd say it's going to be one direction too. Or maybe not.

But then I remember a newspaper piece from August about Peter McKenna inviting Garth Brooks to play croke park in 2015 because they had dates free.

Those on a touring schedule would have dates nearly set in stone for months and months in advance. And one direction would need those permitted three gigs. The fan base is there to fill the stadium. And sure dates were free in August. Whoever it is announcing gigs on Friday, I reckon is only down for 1 night unless if Croker managed to fill the free dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 greilly123

would like to see too fighters play there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

One Direction are about to release a new album and they just announced a rake of EU dates with the UK and Ireland ones to appear shortly.

Not one direction.

They're in Australia and Asia until April.

A European tour in June. Then USA from July to mid September. They announced this last week.

It leaves May for a UK and Ireland tour. I don't understand why they would announce a European and USA tour before a UK/Irish tour and play the dates after.

You think, they would announce UK/Irish dates for May first considering that they'll be playing them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

My moneys firmly on The Script.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

Mr.S wrote: »
    A few years ago maybe, can't see them selling 80k tickets here!

True, but saying that when RHCP and Noely G played the ticket sales were poor

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭homer.j

Anything to be said for Muse?

Rumoured they were going to do the aviva this year (2014) but obviously never happened, last time in the o2 they announced they'd be back to a bigger venue.

Its the Croke Park Residents Ceili Band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Pingi wrote: »
    My moneys firmly on The Script.

did they sell out the Aviva when they played last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

homer.j wrote: »
    Anything to be said for Muse?

Rumoured they were going to do the aviva this year (2014) but obviously never happened, last time in the o2 they announced they'd be back to a bigger venue.

nah, not big enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Metallica lol!? 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

did they sell out the Aviva when they played last year?

Yep and they have loads of shows in the UK Feb/March with none yet planned in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Metallica lol!? 😜

Why not? They have a massive fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cud be paolo Nutini he's fairly big here

Cud be U2 announcing a gig for summer 2016

Have a feeling it will be a big anti climax and it will be a just a popular mainstream act

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

PTH2009 wrote: »

Have a feeling it will be a big anti climax and it will be a just a popular mainstream act

well in fairness it would need to be a mainstream artist to sell 80,000 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dinemo6

Would love U2 again!
    Don't think there are many acts capable of selling CP out.
    Perhaps the Hyde Park announcement tomorrow will give a clue...
    Anyone know who that's rumoured to be?

Black Sabbath are doing one final album and tour in 2015.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Why not? They have a massive fanbase.

They struggled to sell tickets for their Marlay Park gig last time they were here. They sure as hell won't sell out Croker!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

They struggled to sell tickets for their Marlay Park gig last time they were here. They sure as hell won't sell out Croker!!!!

Oh right, I didn't know that. I'm surprised.

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Oh right, I didn't know that. I'm surprised.

Would like to see them indoors one last time.

.....Although they've nothing new to promote, so doubt it'll be them(lazy bastards!)!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Black Sabbath are doing one final album and tour in 2015.

Yea would maybe sell out the 3Arena (did they even sell out the Odyssey when they were here last year? ) but now way big enough for Croker.

Trying to pick acts (whether i like them or not) that would have the best chance to sell out Croker

Beyonce/Jay Z
    Rolling Stones
    Coldplay
    U2

The Script i dont think they could sell it out tbh , they could prob fill about 40,000 to 50,000 seats . They would need a strong support billl e.g. Ed Sheeran

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Daft punk? :D

I'm thinking it could be The Script, with support from Ellie Goulding.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Have very low expectations for this, would live it to be Rolling Stones but I'd say we can expect The Script with Coronas and Delerentos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Yea would maybe sell out the 3Arena (did they even sell out the Odyssey when they were here last year? ) but now way big enough for Croker.

Trying to pick acts (whether i like them or not) that would have the best chance to sell out Croker

Beyonce/Jay Z
    Rolling Stones
    Coldplay
    U2

The Script i dont think they could sell it out tbh , they could prob fill about 40,000 to 50,000 seats . They would need a strong support billl e.g. Ed Sheeran

I reckon it will be u2 announcing their world tour and kicking it off in croke park.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea def not getting excited for the announcement , Usually these "Big Announcements" where they make a big fuss about are a bit of a let down

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

antodeco wrote: »
    Daft punk? :D

I'm thinking it could be The Script, with support from Ellie Goulding.

Jaysis that sounds terrible! Anyone who would pay money to see the Script needs to take a look in the mirror, daft punk would be incredible ha

I reckon it will be u2 announcing their world tour and kicking it off in croke park.

Probably.......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Chance The Fapper

Eminem sold out Wembley this summer, could be him. A man can dream anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Please not The Script!

Fingers crossed for Foo Fighters however unlikely it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Eminem sold out Wembley this summer, could be him. A man can dream anyway :P

Didnt sell out Slane, and the reviews werent exactly glowing..

More than likely U2 or the script(with Ed Sheeran)

Clinging to.small hope.of AC/DC but seriously doubt it..

Advertisement