Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭hynesie08

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Didnt sell out Slane, and the reviews werent exactly glowing..

More than likely U2 or the script(with Ed Sheeran)

Clinging to.small hope.of AC/DC but seriously doubt it..

He easily sold 70,000+ though. Don't think it'll be him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

U2 ARE touring next year, possibly starting in May. So it could be them. They will do arenas but they did arenas in 01 and did Slane here, and in 05 in the States but did stadiums in Europe.

From what I'm reading I reckon it will be those pesky little devil worshippers 1D though.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Taylor Swift!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

U2 ARE touring next year, possibly starting in May. So it could be them. They will do arenas but they did arenas in 01 and did Slane here, and in 05 in the States but did stadiums in Europe.

From what I'm reading I reckon it will be those pesky little devil worshippers 1D though.

Doubt 1D would play it twice in 2 years and severly doubt theyd launch a tour in Dublin over we'll say Wembley..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

I'm going with Robbie Williams.

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Doubt 1D would play it twice in 2 years and severly doubt theyd launch a tour in Dublin over we'll say Wembley..

They have a new album, they are milking this for all they can, and they might well launch in Dublin after making such a big deal of the Croke Park gigs last time around. They announced stadiums in the US yesterday I think so it wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Coldplay I reckon !

U2 are only doing indoor gigs in 2015 .. so doubt its them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

It's U2, weren't they on the late late show last week, just in time for promoting themselves for upcoming tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I reckon it will be u2 announcing their world tour and kicking it off in croke park.

Highly unlikely it will be U2.

They are starting their tour in May ,most likely in the US and indoors.
    They may play stadia in Europe but indoor arenas are more likely initially.

Their tour details aren't due out for at least 2-3 weeks and U2 dont need to announce gigs so far in advance ,they could sell Croke Park out multiple times over at short notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Definitely not one direction

"The boys of one direction will have a busy 2015 after releasing the full list of all their world tour dates next year".... Doesn't include UK or Ireland.

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/one-direction-releases-2015-on-the-road-again-world-tour-dates-26975

Looks as if that's it and they're not adding more. Full list released of all their world tour dates.

I'd go mental if they allowed those crowd in for a second year in a row but they kicked up a fuss over Garth Brooks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Robbie Williams i reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RelaxBoy

It's the UFC announcing Jose Aldo's next Featherweight World Title defence, against a certain Conor McGregor at Croke Park in September 2015 ....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

SusanneKn wrote: »
    Taylor Swift!

Did not think of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

RelaxBoy wrote: »
    It's the UFC announcing Jose Aldo's next Featherweight World Title defence, against a certain Conor McGregor at Croke Park in September 2015 ....;)

it's an MCD announcement, MCD have nothing at all to do with UFC

They wouldn't make any Conor announcement until his next fight against Siver is outta the way

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Please let it be AC/DC or Fleetwood Mac!! AC/DC at the o2 in 2010 was a gig in a million.

Failing that my predictions are U2 or Arcade Fire.

What I'm dreading - Coldplay(zzzzz), ID, Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Post Random Access Memory Daft Punk would probably fill Croker! I saw them in Marley Park, one of the best gigs ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭andyournameis

Ian Dempsey said on the radio this morning ,He heard it was an Irish Band!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Crystal Swing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Has to be U2

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Dear God, please don't let it be The Script!!!

• Advertisement

He said it was 150% NOT U2.

He then went on to say as far as he knows it is The Script. Ewwww.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

If its an Irish band and U2 aren't doing stadiums until 2016 The Script are the only other act I can think of, though I'm not sure even they could fill Croker unless Hozier, Kodaline and the Coronas are all on the support bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

karaokeman wrote: »
    If its an Irish band and U2 aren't doing stadiums until 2016 The Script are the only other act I can think of, though I'm not sure even they could fill Croker unless Hozier, Kodaline and the Coronas are all on the support bill.

Even then they wouldn't fill it

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

Shop40 wrote: »
    Please let it be AC/DC or Fleetwood Mac!! AC/DC at the o2 in 2010 was a gig in a million.

Failing that my predictions are U2 or Arcade Fire.

What I'm dreading - Coldplay(zzzzz), ID, Ed Sheeran.

won't be arcade fire they barely sold 30,000 tickets in marley last summer and they had the pixies as support that sold proably 30-40% of the tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

karaokeman wrote: »

I reckon the fact that they've announced this gig now has all the hallmarks of The Script / Coronas...
    Tickets will go on sale just before Christmas, and they'll be a universal Christmas present from aunts and uncle the country over.
    Smart move.

The Summer gigs in croker usually go on sale around Feb/March I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭hynesie08

It could be the script if the criteria isn't "sell out croke Park" but "sell more tickets than the aviva" still underwhelming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Pingi wrote: »
    My moneys firmly on The Script.

I'll go one further and say my money on The Script with support from either the Coronas or Kodaline and either Ed Sheeran or One Republic.

Script tickets are always reasonable too €35-€50 which helps sales

(I haven't a clue what I'm talking about)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

The Script id say. x 2 ^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

An irish band who aren't u2? Has to be the Script..

They'll need an absolutely massive support (like Ed Sheeran) level to get remotely near selling it though..

Certainly not the worst choice in the world though.. Better than Coldplay anyway if it ends up being true!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The Rolling Stones or a healthy David Bowie turning up, well one can dream!!!!!!!! :P

Advertisement