Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

He said his info wasn't official, just that it was what seemed likely, and that it would probably be confirmed at some stage today ahead of the press conference tomorrow. Unless he is pulling a massive bluff on U2's behalf, I can't see any other alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The Script, for Croke Park? Theres another shed load of money about to be lost for Croke Park and a promoter.

The Script could play in the phone box on Jones' Road and it still wouldn't sell out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The Script, for Croke Park? Theres another shed load of money about to be lost for Croke Park and a promoter.

The Script could play in the phone box on Jones' Road and it still wouldn't sell out.

I think its def gonna be The Script imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

They got a good crowd at the Aviva didn't they?(albeit with low ticket prices). Keep the prices low, throw Hozier and Kodaline and another band on the bill and they might well get a good crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Would the Script sell out Croke Park?

I wanted to see them in the Aviva last year but couldn't. I don't know if I'd be too pushed at getting a ticket to see them this time around though unless if Hozier is the support act. Just got into listening to Hozier within the past month and was disappointed that I missed ticket sales for an upcoming concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The Script at The Aviva sold 54,000 tickets

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Larbre34 wrote: »

Jaysus they must have giant phone boxes around there!! Script will sell 50,000 handy enough.

Throw in 2/3 decent supports and the last 40 will shift before showtime

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

The Script are 1/5 on paddy power. Seems nailed on at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

DylanAFC wrote: »
    The Script are 1/5 on paddy power. Seems nailed on at this stage.

And were 10/1 only 30mins ago. Its surely them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Mr.S wrote: »
    I never got hate towards the script tbh

Same here, they have some great pop rock tunes (Rusty Halo springs to mind).

In my experience most people deride them because of their background, because they started out as a boyband. For me they learned to play instruments and write songs ever since and have become a decent music outlet, and that's all that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Jaysus they must have giant phone boxes around there!! Script will sell 50,000 handy enough.

Throw in 2/3 decent supports and the last 40 will shift before showtime

Oh oh

I see trouble ahead. 2 or 3 support acts. That would be 4 bands in croke park in one night.

Those moaners tried to make out Jedward was a concert at halftime at a match.

4 concerts in one night, give it time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Oh oh

I see trouble ahead. 2 or 3 support acts. That would be 4 bands in croke park in one night.

Those moaners tried to make out Jedward was a concert at halftime at a match.

4 concerts in one night, give it time.

Please let it go.. It's just looking silly now
    If you're gonna go that route, the 3 1d shows was really 9 concerts.. No wonder they were angry..

Sigh..

Aiken and Garth pushed their luck and failed miserably with egg on their faces. It's done, he's not playing here for a While. Drop it and focus on next year

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Here's hoping Dempsey was talking Jive!

Massive let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

So robbie just announced a tour staring in march ending early May so he could be in the mix , but I'd be surprised to be honest that he would be in Dublin on Friday giving the week he's had

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Niamh_101

colmufc wrote: »
    So robbie just announced a tour staring in march ending early May so he could be in the mix , but I'd be surprised to be honest that he would be in Dublin on Friday giving the week he's had

I don't think its him and he says he's going to places he's never been to or hasn't been in a while. I know its not going to be Foo Fighters but I'll be a bit disappointed if it's The Script. I'm not a massive fan of their new music.

Niamh_101 wrote: »
    I don't think its him and he says he's going to places he's never been to or hasn't been in a while. I know its not going to be Foo Fighters but I'll be a bit disappointed if it's The Script. I'm not a massive fan of their new music.

I doubt it's him also its just those dates are too early in the year for him to not have a stadium tour during June July August in western Europe , I can possibly see him playing the aviva or even thomand park and maybe Nolan park and skip dublin altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Croke park is different though.. They've to be scary big.. Let's not forget that RHCP with noel Gallagher got nowhere near it..

Think it could be foos and qotsa, was rumoured they'd be doing Wembley.

With u2 not touring Bruce would sell it.. Doubt he'd go MCD though..

Its weird that Bruce never did Croke Park considering he did a load of gigs a year or two ago in Ireland over one summer and they all sold like hot cakes....he'd defo sell out one, possibly two Croke park dates..

Its weird that Bruce never did Croke Park considering he did a load of gigs a year or two ago in Ireland over one summer and they all sold like hot cakes....he'd defo sell out one, possibly two Croke park dates..

true but won't be him as it's an mcd event and bruce only works with aiken

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    And were 10/1 only 30mins ago. Its surely them

I'm not liking the lack of AC/DC action in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i'd imagine if AC/DC were to be here next summer MCD would put them in Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Here's hoping Dempsey was talking Jive!

Massive let down!

Oh my God, an Irish country music and jiving thing would be brillant. Like stick in a few different acts and they could sell - Nathan Carter, Derek Ryan, Lisa McHugh. Separate the pitch into sections - a standing pit and a dancing section.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Oh my God, an Irish country music and jiving thing would be brillant. Like stick in a few different acts and they could sell - Nathan Carter, Derek Ryan, Lisa McHugh. Separate the pitch into sections - a standing pit and a dancing section.

Wouldn't sell out the handball alley next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

colmufc wrote: »
    He didn't sell out the Aviva last time around, doubt he'd go bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Whats buble up to?

Giving middle aged women hot flashes and boring everyone else.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He didn't sell out the Aviva last time around, doubt he'd go bigger.

just guessing I doubt it's him , Robbie with a good support could do 70,000 , they need to sell 55,000 to break even for most events at croker

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=226816

no Brooks thank ****' ... only one gig next year too :/

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Feets

One Direction fans really thinking its gonna b them. My money is on U2 or Westlife ....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think I'll go to the script as I like going to Croke park

Gutted it's not U2 as I want to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭JackMcA

http://www.spin1038.com/page/1.32.68/16980/1/Robbie_Williams_announces_world_tour_

if this happens i will kill myself. this will be by far the worst possible outcome aswell as the script

if its one gig it needs to be big

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rockthistown

Here's the news from my friend who works for MCD. It's going to be THE SCRIPT. Was hoping for U2 myself, but can't win 'em all.

Advertisement