Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park gigs 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Pingi wrote: »
    Where did you.see this?

@entertainmentIE: Tix priced at €79.50/69.50/59.50/45

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Really don't get the hate for The Script..

They're a decent pop rock band, probably a lot better than Coldplay(now they're bland!) both live and on record.. Put on a damn good show too!

Really?? A lot better than coldplay?? I wouldnt be a massive coldplay fan - nor the script for that matter but i do think that there is a huge difference of class between coldplay and the script - hence why coldplay headline glastonbury etc.... cant imagine the script being asked to do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

FitzShane wrote: »
    I hope the residents are happy with themselves. They have screwed us all over big time.

Our 'big music gig' for Ireland in 2015 is The Script with Pharrell supporting. FFS.
    suits me, Croker is awful for concerts.

there'll be plenty of far better gigs elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,674 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

AC/DC will be in Slane and the Foos will be in Ireland over the summer..

Theres plenty more 'big gigs' to come.

Croke Park has always had the safe act. Don't see why people are surprised..

I know what you mean there, and also the Phoneix Park/Marlay Park gigs but in terms of the big venue, big act... they could have gone a lot better IMO.

Although to be fair, what big act would try get a gig here, in Croker, after this year's debacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Is this what it's come to? Expecting everyone to shell out for bland, anemic, formless crap that wouldn't be out of place on the Grays Anatomy soundtrack?

You're not going to fill Croke Park with anything other than that though are ya?

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    I hope the residents are happy with themselves. They have screwed us all over big time.

Our 'big music gig' for Ireland in 2015 is The Script with Pharrell supporting. FFS.

There are maybe half a dozen acts who could sell out croker, realistically who were you expecting? Ramstein didn't suddenly cancel plans to play cp. Can't blame the residents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

Thanks lads for the date. I like the Script but I couldn't see them the last time they were in Dublin. Due to other demands I won't be able to make this one either. If Hozier were the support act, I'd push the boat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Really?? A lot better than coldplay?? I wouldnt be a massive coldplay fan - nor the script for that matter but i do think that there is a huge difference of class between coldplay and the script - hence why coldplay headline glastonbury etc.... cant imagine the script being asked to do that!
    Coldplay almost make sleep..

Saw them both at oxegen couple of years ago and the Script really impressed me..

hynesie08 wrote: »
    There are maybe half a dozen acts who could sell out croker, realistically who were you expecting? Ramstein didn't suddenly cancel plans to play cp. Can't blame the residents.

Rammstein in CP, now we're taking! I'd pay any money they want :D

Thanks lads for the date. I like the Script but I couldn't see them the last time they were in Dublin. Due to other demands I won't be able to make this one either. If Hozier were the support act, I'd push the boat out.

It's Pharrell.. You'd be fine missing him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Wow, what a let down of an announcement that was.

Everybody together now " EVERY MINUTE EVERY HOUR, TURN YOUR PAIN INTO POWER "

I strangely got a shiver running down my spine writing that......

Rammstein in CP, now we're taking! I'd pay any money they want :D

The pyro would be great cause they'd have about 80% of the pitch free.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Who else, do yous think will support?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Pharrell sure does get around and get gigs where people won't appreciate his great talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

symbolic wrote: »
    You're not going to fill Croke Park with anything other than that though are ya?

Aw I dunno. I'm not a huge fan of either U2 or AC/DC but I could see those guys drawing big crowds.

I just find the Script so unbelievably and offensively formulaic and sterile... But hey, each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,144 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I just find the Script so unbelievably and offensively formulaic and sterile..

Well put.

Bono would have his detractors, but yer lad Danny makes me want to consume my own head with cringyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

MCD are doing a good job hyping these piss poor concerts.

This one surely should have been in Marlay Park or a venue of that equivalent.

Seems quite ridiculous to have this caliber of artists play such a grand venue.

Alas good job with the hype machine MCD. The announcement itself is dire!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MCD are doing a good job hyping these piss poor concerts.

This one surely should have been in Marlay Park or a venue of that equivalent.

Seems quite ridiculous to have this caliber of artists play such a grand venue.

Alas good job with the hype machine MCD. The announcement itself is dire!
    not really, they sold out the Aviva which holds 55,000.
    Marlay Park is at least 10k less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lovely the howaya's will be out in force.. Oooh Danny yer bleedin massive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Well put.

Bono would have his detractors, but yer lad Danny makes me want to consume my own head with cringyness.

Funny thing is, i went to one of the U2 gigs back in Croker and The Script were one of the acts that were supoorting, when The Script came on , they did a soundcheck for about 5 minutes, which was actually good and then they stopped and started into one of their dreary ballad type songs, and thats when i tuned out....................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

That's grand. At least i dont have to worry about being disappointed in the rush for tickets for this. Are the script capable of fillin the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Not sure why that defaults to the "One direction Seated" chart.

Dubliner28 wrote: »

Think thats just 1D I'd imagine it'll be back to normal by Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Do people really like the Script enough to sell out Croke Park? Always seemed like an even more inoffensive version of Snow Patrol to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

To be honest, I'd be unsure of them selling out Croke Park... I know they're fairly popular, but over 80,000 tickets?

I'm with the others on the underwhelming feeling after the announcement. I have no ill feelings towards The Script, they're clearly successful in what they do- but I was genuinely expecting a bigger name. Very meh from me anyway.

That's grand. At least i dont have to worry about being disappointed in the rush for tickets for this. Are the script capable of fillin the place?

With Pharrel, seriously doubt it..

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

I like The Script. Saw them at Oxegen years ago and they were one of my highlights.
    What I can't get over is Pharrell or the 80eur. That'd put me off anyhow....
    The Coronas, Kodaline, Hozier and The Script would have been an excellent idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Don't quite get your interpretation of Glasto to be honest considering its prob the most mass marketed festival in Europe, tickets sell out before line up is announced so no suprise mainstream sh1te headline there every year in the same vein as the script IMO, Kings of Leon, Travis, Killers, Mumford and sons etc oh and Coldplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Oh Well, Looks like the Aviva will be the venue for the big group this summer. Its booked for a min 3 night concert run in the summer. Now who could that be?????

Advertisement