Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Yes INT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

jesus that hit on Wes looked painful.

And Touchdown Lafell. Get in!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Welker needs to call it quits before it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

me89 wrote: »
    And Touchdown Lafell. Get in!!:D

Feck my Gamepass is miles behind, only just saw it now.

• Advertisement

Welker needs to call it quits before it's too late.

You really have to worry about the guy alright. The man has turned into concussion central since he went to the Broncos.

ffs Browner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Browner needs to stop with the penalties. Needless way to give them a free TD

Peyton will be sending a Christmas card to Browner for all those helpful penalties. Ridiculous stuff from Browner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

2 catches by Amendola. Slowly paying back those wages :D

• Advertisement

Ffs another penalty and the 17 yard gain is erased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

SF fans owe the refs a beer if... no when... they score.

OH MY GOD GRONK

49ers seriously!?!?!?!?!? Holy moly

Just saw the Gronk catch now. He is beyond beast.

Just saw the Gronk catch now. He is beyond beast.
    Unbelievable. TD!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mental end there in SF

me89 wrote: »
    Unbelievable. TD!!

And I just saw it now. Unbelievable time delay on GP.

Don't know why they went for 2 and the Official did a good job of nearly intercepting it.

Nice stop on 4th down :D:D

• Advertisement

WellwornUnfitCaecilian.gif

Big stand there.

Well that's a great way to píss away a fine defensive stand.

That incompletion is on Peyton - should have been a bullet. Instead he lofted it to Sanders and gave Butler the chance to make the play.

Shocking amount of missed tackles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Pats really putting a beatdown on the Broncos. They probably wish they were doing this in January. I'm guessing we might see a rematch then.

Another good defensive 4th Down stand. If we could only run the ball at will, we could run out the clock.

Ah crap, Broncos lad down clutching his knee on the ground. That doesn't look good. Never want to see that happen any player.:(

Our defense is awful charitable, bringing Peyton down the field with silly penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Flacco with a bomb to Torrey Smith :D great start. Hopefully they wrap this one up early so I can sleep!

Forgot to make a pick for this game! I'll go with the Ravens, in my defence I posted that I have money on them (+1.5) and the over in the betting thread before kickoff. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,872 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Do setanta not show the late game anymore?

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Do setanta not show the late game anymore?

Channel 4 on Sundays - easily better coverage than Setanta, Eurosport or Sky too and it works with the (free!) FilmOn TV app on phones for if you want to go to bed for the second half. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Well the Ravens are doing their best to **** this one away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That defeat to Tampa Bay annoys me more and more every week...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Some takeaways from what I saw Sunday:
    11 of the 14 AFC teams have winning records and 12 have positive point totals. It really is bunching up.

In the NFC, both Cowboys and Eagles look a lot weaker, while the Cardinals take pole position. I'm still not convinced though.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Not an entirely convincing win for the Bengals. But nice to have AJ Green back catching TDs, While Jeremy Hill looked pretty good filling for Gio Bernard.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Cleveland Browns
    Another win for Cleveland, didn't see a whole lot of this one, but did not look impressive.

New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Jets looked slightly better with Vick starting. Surprised to see him return after that hit left him looking very woozy. The deflected TD pass to a TE sitting on the ground sums up the Jets at this stage though.

Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys
    A 7th win for Arizona. Questions (doubters) remain as it came against a Tony Romo-less Cowboys. Cowboys may go on their traditional season ending nose dive if not careful. Romo has a fractured back and they have a trip to London next week. Luckily for them, the Eagles also lost their QB this week.

San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins
    Philip Rivers turns in a Jay Cutler-like performance. An end to his MVP candidacy I would think. How have the Chargers gone so bad so quickly? They've gone from a shoe-in for a playoff spot to on the bubble after 3 losses on the spin.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans
    The Eagles got a nice road win, but have to look forward to Mark Sanchez at the helm for the foreseeable future. they might be ok though, he looked pretty good albeit a little rusty.

Washington Redskins @ Minnesota Vikings
    I think that puts an end to Washington's slim hopes for a playoff spot. I've never seen a QB take such crushing hits as RG3 does. It seems like every play he gets creased and can barely stand afterwards. Such a pity as he is so dynamic and dangerous, but in no way durable whatsoever.

St Louis Rams @ San Francisco 49ers
    I can't fathom the Rams, beat the Seahawks. Crushed by KC, beat 49ers @ Levi. Terrible way to end the game by SF, and not just talking about the fumble, it seemed so frantic once they got to the 5. That forward progress call looked very iffy to me. It looked like he chose to come out and go back into the endzone.

Oakland Raiders @ Seattle Seahawks
    Raiders play tough again since returning from the bye and London. I think they will give Denver a real game next week.

Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots
    The Patriots showed their real class here. Stopped Denver run early. Great Offensively, good special teams and the D put Denver in a lot of 3rd and longs and held up against several 4th downs too. A healthy Gronkowski makes them look the class of the AFC at the halfway point. Broncos need to make sure the playoffs go though Denver if they want any shot at the SB this year.

Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Didn't watch this one, but how on earth did the Steelers lose to Tampa. 12tds in 2 weeks for Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Lets go Colts!

I'll pick the Colts to win here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Missed so much football this weekend, back in to watch Big Blue lose.

Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Knex. wrote: »
    Missed so much football this weekend, back in to watch Big Blue lose.

Yay!

I really hope you do :)

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    I really hope you do :)

I've already resigned myself to it, tbh. :(

Knex. wrote: »
    I've already resigned myself to it, tbh. :(

Did well there, only down by 3

Did well there, only down by 3

The depressing this is, that my thoughts exactly :pac:

Sometimes I just don't get our defensive assignments. Such as Williams on Hilton, as Gruden pointed out. Then next play, we go Nickle, put a three man rush, and I'm thinking, "WTF", and then we get the stop.

I don't think I'll ever know if Fewell is a genius, or insane.

Its the Colts (not to mention I have money staked against that shower in New York) so I would expect this to be a close game till the end. Maybe not all of the game, but definitely close by the end anyway :)

Its the Colts (not to mention I have money staked against that shower in New York) so I would expect this to be a close game till the end. Maybe not all of the game, but definitely close by the end anyway :)
    I keep meaning to wait out on a Colts game, hope they get a 20 point lead in the first quarter, and then hammer on the other team to cover the spread. :p

Call me a pussy all you want but there's no way I'm returning punts up the middle!

Giants go draw on third and looooooong.

Well color me surprised... Pffft.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Call me a pussy all you want but there's no way I'm returning punts up the middle!

Paraphrasing Chris Rock, I'll be the pussy walking around with two legs, shouting heeey how ya doing!? :D

Giants blitzing and not looking horrible on defence?

You'd know it was half way through the season. Wait to hear about how Fewell decided to "simplify the defence", or something similar soon.

We're a frustrating team! :pac:

Dear OC's,

Please try and convert on thirds downs.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement