Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9 Thread

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Luck showing his bad (that throwaway on the way to the ground) and his brilliance (TD pass) on that last drive!

Colts interior o-line all over the place again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nothing worse than seeing a fúcked up overload blitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Jaysus, I thought that fumble could've done with a more comprehensive review too. Looked like there may have been a bit of forward movement with the ball in Manning's hand. Not that it would probably have mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jaysus, I thought that fumble could've done with a more comprehensive review too. Looked like there may have been a bit of forward movement with the ball in Manning's hand. Not that it would probably have mattered.

I thought so at first look, but seemed right decision on 2nd.

Dunno why I'm depressing myself watching this, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FOUR MORE POINTS, FOUR MORE POINTS, FOUR MORE POINTS!!

do Grudens arms/hands look abnormally long or is it just me?

We almost get more injuries than you'd believe possible.

I'm also not running crossing patterns when Wener is dropping into coverage!

Knex. wrote: »
    We almost get more injuries than you'd believe possible.

Pack fans and Pats fan have been there and we know it's possible.

Healthiness is an underrated benefit when it comes to the playoffs IMO!

• Advertisement

And we love to argue over who's had it worse. :D

We've stayed surprisingly healthy this year, though.

Yeah, Packers always come to mind when I think of it too. Patriots I probably omit, simply because of the fact of the rivalry :pac:

taidghbaby wrote: »
    do Grudens arms/hands look abnormally long or is it just me?

He was a college QB and his brother was a very successful arena league QB, probably explains some of it.

Ugh, just when I was ready to play it safe and put €2 on no more scores in the game at about 20/1, Paddy take it off their live betting :( . Have a tenner on Colts -3 & 51.5+ points at 12/5 and €30 on over 50pts at 5/6 - just need one more point but the Colts will run it down while the Giants have been absolutely awful.

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Healthiness is an underrated benefit when it comes to the playoffs IMO!

Try saying that when Luck ends up in an AFC title game with nobody healthy to pass to.

Billy86 wrote: »
    We've stayed surprisingly healthy this year, though.

We lost Mayo the defensive QB & leader again this year. Lost Jones our best pass rusher and Silgia the only guy who can stop the run. But that's Football and as long as it doesn't spread to the offensive side of the ball, I'll be happy.

Try saying that when Luck ends up in an AFC title game with nobody healthy to pass to.

Given the number of receiving options we have that would be a pretty lengthy injury list!

Was that a Giants fan or a Bears fan with the baseball cap, shades and moustache?

DABEARS.png

GET IN!!!! All bets are good! :D

We lost Mayo the defensive QB & leader again this year. Lost Jones our best pass rusher and Silgia the only guy who can stop the run. But that's Football and as long as it doesn't spread to the offensive side of the ball, I'll be happy.

We lost Raji without any real NT option behind him and our rush defence has been atrocious as a result - 4th worst per carry in the league if I recall. Also Tretter at C though 5th round rookie Corey Linsley has really become quite a player and improved every week, and Bulaga at RT for 2-3 weeks (was feared he would be out for the season) whose backup (Barclay) was already out for the season - Sherrod who stepped in was so awful that we sacked him today, despite not having any other established options to any degree at tackle.

Shields missed last week and is a massively underrated CB in many, erm, corners, also Lyerla at TE but he was only ever a project (I just feel keeping him healthy could have kept his head on his shoulders in the meantime).

We've done better than most so far, to be honest *Touch wood*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

We lost Raji without any real NT option behind him and our rush defence has been atrocious as a result - 4th worst per carry in the league if I recall. Also Tretter at C though 5th round rookie Corey Linsley has really become quite a player and improved every week, and Bulaga at RT for 2-3 weeks (was feared he would be out for the season) whose backup (Barclay) was already out for the season - Sherrod who stepped in was so awful that we sacked him today, despite not having any other established options to any degree at tackle.

Shields missed last week and is a massively underrated CB in many, erm, corners, also Lyerla at TE but he was only ever a project (I just feel keeping him healthy could have kept his head on his shoulders in the meantime).

We've done better than most so far, to be honest *Touch wood*

wasn't he arrested for drink/drugs a few weeks after his injury settlement??

wasn't he arrested for drink/drugs a few weeks after his injury settlement??

Yep. God knows what happens now since despite coming over as a lax guy, Mike McCarthy apparently is much more of a "take no sh*t" type in terms of effort and conduct. He has been eligible to sign for other teams since last week I believe and can re-sign for us in week 14. To be honest, we are so low at TE and have to address NT, ILB and likely backup T (esp with Bulaga being so injury prone, though a good player) quite early in the draft as well as possibly CB depending on what happens with Tramon that I would hope we can get him back, maybe get him some snaps and see if he can behave himself for one offseason and into next year.

I wouldn't have that stance for almost any other team, but Green Bay is a good place to stay out of trouble - it's six times the size of county Galway with less than half the people, and his potential is incredible. Not at all holding my breath on any of that, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Yep. God knows what happens now since despite coming over as a lax guy, Mike McCarthy apparently is much more of a "take no sh*t" type in terms of effort and conduct. He has been eligible to sign for other teams since last week I believe and can re-sign for us in week 14. To be honest, we are so low at TE and have to address NT, ILB and likely backup T (esp with Bulaga being so injury prone, though a good player) quite early in the draft as well as possibly CB depending on what happens with Tramon that I would hope we can get him back, maybe get him some snaps and see if he can behave himself for one offseason and into next year.

I wouldn't have that stance for almost any other team, but Green Bay is a good place to stay out of trouble - it's six times the size of county Galway with less than half the people, and his potential is incredible. Not at all holding my breath on any of that, though.

yeah but Finlay will have to take a low money play and prove it contract somewhere and we could take him back....

yeah but Finlay will have to take a low money play and prove it contract somewhere and we could take him back....

Not with our history of avoiding players with those kind of injuries in their past. Nick Collins springs to mind (no matter how hard we try to suppress the memories of just how good and how important he was - best safety in the league after Reed/Polamalu from 2008-2010 :( ).

Odell Beckum is an absolute beast by the way - if there is one positive for Giants fans to take from today, it's that this may have been his 'coming out party'. WR I have always felt is a position where the high draft picks need one big game to properly get a feel of things before they get rolling, and with Cruz out it will be interesting to see where they go from here... 8 catches for 156 yards on 11 targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

8-5 on the week, 3 close losses in that but a shocking week tbh

50-22-1 overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Saints @ Panthers
    Jaguars @ Bengals
    Buccaneers @ Browns
    Jets @ Chiefs
    Cardinals @ Cowboys
    Chargers @ Dolphins
    Eagles @ Texans
    Redskins @ Vikings
    Rams @ 49ers
    Raiders @ Seahawks
    Broncos @ Patriots
    Ravens @ Steelers
    Colts @ Giants

10-3 on the week

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Can you believe how productive this draft class is already.

First round is just awash with studs.

New Orleans Saints @ Carolina Panthers
    Jacksonville Jaguars @ Cincinnati Bengals
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Cleveland Browns
    New York Jets @ Kansas City Chiefs
    Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys
    San Diego Chargers @ Miami Dolphins
    Philadelphia Eagles @ Houston Texans
    Washington Redskins @ Minnesota Vikings
    St Louis Rams @ San Francisco 49ers
    Seattle Seahawks
    Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots
    Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers
    Indianapolis Colts @ New York Giants

Thought we might just lose out to the in form Broncos, so bet against my team and boy was I wrong. 9-4 this week, 86-35-1 for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Haven't done it in a few weeks but will give predictions a go -

Seattle Seahawks

11-2.. got to be happy with that. Was close to picking the Steelers too but never would have picked the Rams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Seattle Seahawks

9-4. Not great. Never expected Minnesota, St. Louis, or Miami to come out on top in those games (although I actually haven't watched a full Chargers game all year). 88-46 on the year.

• Advertisement

8-5 on the week, my poorest showing so far I think. :(

81-34-1 on the year.

Advertisement