Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does a family member help your chances?

• 29-10-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭

My grandfather (now deceased) was a member of An Garda Síochána from the 1950s until the 1980s. Would this help my chances of getting into the Gardai if I have all the proper qualifications already? Or does it even matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

deadybai wrote: »
    My grandfather (now deceased) was a member of An Garda Síochána from the 1950s until the 1980s. Would this help my chances of getting into the Gardai if I have all the proper qualifications already? Or does it even matter?

Can he do the aptitude test for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Some people say it matters others say it dose not. I myself think it has no bearing on it. Looking at things recently it's like a lotto. Do well in the aptitude tests and your in the running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Shady Tady wrote: »
    Can he do the aptitude test for you?

A lot of people might do very well in the aptitude test and assuming that I would do well, the process of elimination must be harsh. Small things might get you over the line. Thats why I am asking would it help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Scannal

MOD BANNED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Sure take some time off there like a good lad. Cheers for the reports folks, don't feed the trolls :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ShodenMcClane

A lot of people might do very well in the aptitude test and assuming that I would do well, the process of elimination must be harsh. Small things might get you over the line. Thats why I am asking would it help.

It might help in the interview stages to be able to say you've spoken to a family member about what the job really entails and showing you understand what Gardai have to go through ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

It might help in the interview stages to be able to say you've spoken to a family member about what the job really entails and showing you understand what Gardai have to go through ect...

Was going to suggest this too. That would be the only benefit that I could see. Would be a great thing to be able to talk about in an interview- maybe not even until the meeting with the senior members in the station after you've passed your interview..

Advertisement