Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a philosophy article published

Options
  • 29-10-2014 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but I have done a lot of work by myself on the philosophy of Nietzsche and have particularly studied and formulated a view on how his philosophy relates to the realm of public policy. I'm at the stage I could publish a very good article on this topic but I'm just wondering where to send it and who might publish it? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Philosophers' Imprint
    Refereed series of original papers in philosophy, edited by philosophy faculty at the University of Michigan. Although edited by analytically trained philosophers, it is not restricted to any particular field or school of philosophy.

Philosophy Now
    News-stand philosophy magazine for the general public. Contains articles on all aspects of Western philosophy, as well as book reviews, letters, news, cartoons, and the occasional short story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 newsoftheworld

Black Swan wrote: »
    Philosophers' Imprint
    Refereed series of original papers in philosophy, edited by philosophy faculty at the University of Michigan. Although edited by analytically trained philosophers, it is not restricted to any particular field or school of philosophy.

Philosophy Now
    News-stand philosophy magazine for the general public. Contains articles on all aspects of Western philosophy, as well as book reviews, letters, news, cartoons, and the occasional short story.

I can't seem to find how to submit articles on those sites. Perhaps it's naive of me but they also seem to be quite scholastic, I'm no philosophy lecturer and don't have an abundance of sources to cite, so I suppose my content is a bit more casual than those sites are intended to be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Perhaps it's naive of me but they also seem to be quite scholastic, I'm no philosophy lecturer and don't have an abundance of sources to cite, so I suppose my content is a bit more casual than those sites are intended to be.
    Philosophy Now caters to pop philosophy and is not scholastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Philosophy Now would be a good start I'd think. They have contributors from all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gary L

http://www.iep.utm.edu/submit/

The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
    encourages philosophy professors with Ph.D.s to e-mail the general editors or specific area editors with requests for submissions.

Philosophy now or this. Sounds cool care to elaborate?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement