Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Print server not working on eFibre modem.

Options
  • 29-10-2014 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to activate the print server section of my eFibre modem.On accessing the user interface and navigating to the print server tab, when I press it the screen goes grey and a loading arrow just turns and turns eventually the modem reboots but print server doesn't work, i.e. my printer doesn't appear on the network. My printer is a Brother DCP-350C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jca wrote: »
    Hi, I'm trying to activate the print server section of my eFibre modem.On accessing the user interface and navigating to the print server tab, when I press it the screen goes grey and a loading arrow just turns and turns eventually the modem reboots but print server doesn't work, i.e. my printer doesn't appear on the network. My printer is a Brother DCP-350C
    Hi jca

The best advice I can offer you is to get in touch with technical support directly on 1890260260 or via webchat here: [font=Calibri","sans-serif] http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/

I'm unaware of the central reason for this issues although I do believe a modem firmware update should resolve this.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Hi Alan. Thanks for replying the issue remains unresolved unfortunately. I contacted support via their online chat service. I reset the modem by pressing in the recessed button. I could access the print server page before I turned on the printer. I entered BROTHER in the top column and DCP 350-C in the second column, I also clicked the radio button to enable print server. I then turned on the printer and the same trouble started again. The USB light illuminated, then the printer rebooted twice with the USB light light illuminating briefely between reboots. When the printer remains powered on the USB light is off. No information is displayed on the router page and when I clicked "apply" the page greyed out with the spinning arrow and the whole excersise ending in an extremely lenghty (3 mins+) modem reboot. The tech guy said my router had no errors recorded and firmware was up to date. I'm lost at this stage..

Hi Alan. Thanks for replying the issue remains unresolved unfortunately. I contacted support via their online chat service. I reset the modem by pressing in the recessed button. I could access the print server page before I turned on the printer. I entered BROTHER in the top column and DCP 350-C in the second column, I also clicked the radio button to enable print server. I then turned on the printer and the same trouble started again. The USB light illuminated, then the printer rebooted twice with the USB light light illuminating briefely between reboots. When the printer remains powered on the USB light is off. No information is displayed on the router page and when I clicked "apply" the page greyed out with the spinning arrow and the whole excersise ending in an extremely lenghty (3 mins+) modem reboot. The tech guy said my router had no errors recorded and firmware was up to date. I'm lost at this stage..
    Sorry to hear this jca

There is little I can advise and I've been informed that eircom do not provide technical support to third party equipment not supplied by eircom. I'm sorry I cannot offer you a solution jca

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

What third party equipment are you referring to? I'm using the standard eFibre supplied modem and a bog standard brother printer. Is there a list of compatible printers or should it work with any USB printer? Do Eircom sell USB printers that work with their eFibre modem?

What third party equipment are you referring to? I'm using the standard eFibre supplied modem and a bog standard brother printer. Is there a list of compatible printers or should it work with any USB printer? Do Eircom sell USB printers that work with their eFibre modem?
    Hi jca

I am referring to the printer, no eircom do not sell printers - The printer is considered third party as it is not supplied by eircom and eircom are unable to advise you of the recommended settings the modem may require.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement