Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money to an account

Options
  • 29-10-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

Hi BoI,

I wish to put money into someone else's account. Can I walk into a bank, give them the details of the account I want the money put into? Is there a charge on that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi legendary.xix

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on Boards.ie.

It is certainly possible to make a lodgement to an account provided you have the account number and sort code with you. We would recommend contacting the branch to ensure that an over the counter lodgement facility is in operation prior to your visit or alternatively you may check the cashless days in the branch here.

If you're a Bank of Ireland customer yourself and are registered with Bank of Ireland365, you may also make the payment online. You will require the IBAN and BIC to complete this transfer which you can calculate here, once you have the account number and sort code.

The charges to complete both these transfer types is .20c. You can find a full breakdown of these in our Schedule of Fees and Charges on our website here.

Hope this information helps. If we can assist you with anything further, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement