Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone missing a husky? [home found]

Options
  • 29-10-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭

My sister found a female husky yesterday in the doughiska area.
    If anyone knows of someone who is looking for her please PM me, she cant keep her and MADRA are full so she'll be off to the pound tomorrow :(
    Unless one of ye lovey boardsies can put her up till the owner is found!!

10584037_980680105282000_8676258829499675976_n.jpg?oh=2846406844c8afa4a28827e781ec3bea&oe=54DEE380

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try the GSPCA, they might have room. http://www.galway-spca.com/ Has she taken her to the vet's she might be chipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

She's chipped but its unregistered :mad:
    Already contacted gspca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Such a pity. We have taken a dog in to foster from Madra today, so busy out there.

Yeah it is, her owner is bound to be out there somewhere,just need more time and space!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Have you tried all the Vets - she may of been chipped locally. Please make the Pound your last resort.

• Advertisement

My sister has two dogs herself she's not making the decision lightly

Have you posted in the Animal & Pet forum here?

yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

What did the Gspca say?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Looks like my neighbours dog in Renmore but I'm in work and have no way of contacting them to check. I just know them from seeing them walking the dog.

Is the dog still with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I agree with the above post to call around vets in the area. They will have a local record. There also may be multiple chip registers?

Hope she finds her way home.

The dog is not with me, its with my sister.. I don't know if she still has her

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Has the dog been reunited with his owner??

Home has been found for her now so please lock this thread when ye get round it it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭roytheboyo

People don't seem to realise that a dog like this can do serious damage to sheep. What are people thinking having a dog like this in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

roytheboyo wrote: »
    People don't seem to realise that a dog like this can do serious damage to sheep. What are people thinking having a dog like this in the city.

Probably the same as people who have sheep in the city?

Not all dogs worry sheep you know, and I doubt it would be a huskys main priority.
    I presume the new owner knows how to take care of it.

roytheboyo wrote: »

Any breed can worry sheep. Your comment "a dog like this" smacks of the ill informed breed discrimination that results in stupid laws. There are no bad breeds just bad owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Home has been found for her now so please lock this thread when ye get round it it :)
    Sound, glad it's sorted :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement