Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hdmi from laptop to tv- Alternative

• 29-10-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi.

Forgive me for my absolute lack of knowledge here!

I'm wondering is there a cable out there to watch DVDs on the laptop and show it on the tv. We can't use a hdmi.

There's a hdmi jack in the back of our tv but it's mounted and a real effort to move.

Is there another way to do it that's not very expensive. I know there's the three audio/visual car thing in the side of the tv if that can be used.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

LRH92 wrote: »
    Hi.

Forgive me for my absolute lack of knowledge here!

I'm wondering is there a cable out there to watch DVDs on the laptop and show it on the tv. We can't use a hdmi.

There's a hdmi jack in the back of our tv but it's mounted and a real effort to move.

Is there another way to do it that's not very expensive. I know there's the three audio/visual car thing in the side of the tv if that can be used.

Thanks!

Is a chromecast a possibility?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I think chrome cast is a hdmi interface?

What have you on the laptop to plug into? Hdmi or just an ordinary monitor out connection? That will dictate what you need. If you have the red/yellow/white jacks on the TVs you might be able to get a connection, but it depends on the other end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LRH92

The laptop has a hdmi jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

DVD drives are dirt cheap these days. You could probably connect to those three ports (audio left and right and a yellow video port) on the side of the TV but the picture quality would be poor - a single video connection is the worst possible way to feed a picture to a TV. Are there other connections on the back of the TV like component?

This is what component connections look like, it uses three leads for the video signal and you'd get a picture almost as good as with HDMI.....

compjack250.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Whats the model of the TV, so we can find out all of the connections it has?

• Advertisement
Advertisement