Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiotic teenagers egging cars on the Ennis Rd

• 29-10-2014 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Just happened to me. Very annoying and quite dangerous. I actually thought it was a rock at first. Just outside Centra on the Ennis road there were a large gaggle of teenagers. My first instinct was to stop and give chase but I knew it was futile. Not much you can do.

Went straight to the garage for a car wash after. Girlfriend asked the guy at the counter to ring the guards. He smiled back. Not much point I expect. Little ****ers though.

I have been egged on foot from a car before in Limerick too. That's a whole other box of eggs (pardon the pun).

I feel like doing a drive by egging down in centra later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

At least it wasn't potatoes and sods of turf like what they were throwing at cars near Johnseys in Thomondgate in previous years.

I always make a point of avoiding the roads around Kileely/Thomondgate at this time of year because of the roaming gangs of yobs.

Ditto for other parts of the city.

At least it wasn't potatoes and sods of turf like what they were throwing at cars near Johnseys in Thomondgate in previous years.

I always make a point of avoiding the roads around Kileely/Thomondgate at this time of year because of the roaming gangs of yobs.

Ditto for other parts of the city.
    Or rocks in certain parts of the city.

And calling the Guards is a waste of time. They've one car on patrol at night on the Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

And calling the Guards is a waste of time. They've one car on patrol at night on the Northside.

Oh the memories.I was walking along Clare st a few years ago minding my own.This luder slowed down in a car,down came the window and
    something came flying at me.Car pulled away and I remained cluless.When I got home I put my hand in to jacket pocket,a broken egg
    nice and runny,good shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

It could have been worse.

They don't limit themselves to eggs. I've known rocks were chucked at times and I believe that at least once that Bus services were limited / rerouted during the evening when the activity was pretty bad.

There were rumors ages back that the Gardai caught one gang who was at it but the usual excuses got them off.

Usual excuses e.g.:
    -"They're really good lads that were just bored no one got hurt".
    -"They're doing a course to turn their lives around, don't set them back with a criminal conviction".
    -"Their parents have been informed and will take action so that they understand its unacceptable".

Hence why they keep at it since they know the worse they'll get is a verbal warning. Can't really blame the Gardai for not trying to do more as they probably know nothing will happen if they do catch the little punks.

• Advertisement

Just be extra careful at traffic lights and pedestrian crossings. It's a known tactic that the gangs use pedestrian crossings to stop traffic so they can batter the cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Yeah, I've had stones thrown at windscreen on Childers road this time of year too. Although that could happen any time of year in the more entitled parts I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Years ago the shops in my part of Clare wouldn't sell eggs to under 18's in the week before Halloween because the egging was so bad. It's a shame they wouldn't continue to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭BobMc

must be great to be so young and have any form of cash to waste on eggs, Ohh how I wish I had such funds when I was young, and when I did I didnt literally throw it away :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was in Aldi in Roxboro last week, and I swear they had extra eggs out. It's not my usual Aldi, but they had a shelf of them (normal) and an additional pallet in the middle of the aisle.

• Advertisement

Years ago the shops in my part of Clare wouldn't sell eggs to under 18's in the week before Halloween because the egging was so bad. It's a shame they wouldn't continue to do that.

It has become pointless because parents then come up to the shop and buy the eggs for their precious darlings. I've seen it with my own eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Just happened to me. Very annoying and quite dangerous. I actually thought it was a rock at first. Just outside Centra on the Ennis road there were a large gaggle of teenagers. My first instinct was to stop and give chase but I knew it was futile. Not much you can do.

Went straight to the garage for a car wash after. Girlfriend asked the guy at the counter to ring the guards. He smiled back. Not much point I expect. Little ****ers though.

I have been egged on foot from a car before in Limerick too. That's a whole other box of eggs (pardon the pun).

I feel like doing a drive by egging down in centra later.

Myself also experienced the egging at Mahon Shopping Centre, Cork, about 2 years ago.

One should drive slightly-steep up and turn left to reach Tesco, in Mahon Shopping Centre. Just before the left turn, there is a speed breaker where one reduces the speed to a near stop. This place is not well lit too. At this place, on a dark evening in winter, a group of boys in a car driving in the opposite direction egged at my car. Luckily it didn't hit the glass window but the metal frame behind the back-window. Little did I realise that it was egging, in spite of having had read and known about egging. After reaching Tesco, only after I examined and saw pieces of eggshell, did I realise it was egging. I was shocked and completely blank. :confused: Feeling embarassed, I didn't even thought of complaining to Garda nor to discuss with anyone else.

After seeing your post, I thought I should write about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

some little ****es just threw nuts at my window and im in willow grove im telling ya if they pass up my was again ive the spuds ready!!!woke the baby and all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

...reaches for spud gun.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Autonomous

Fill a high power water gun with piss...drive by...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Autonomous wrote: »
    Fill a high power water gun with piss...drive by...

A drive-by piss shooting . . . could be a Limerick first, the Dublin Media would be all over that one. :D

Advertisement