Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best news ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Surely this will be upgraded from just Whelan's!?

And no Belfast?
    Even the Gutter Twins played both cities ....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

"Ciaran, you're going to Afghan Whigs!"

Fck Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That is pretty focking awesome news.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Robotito

Got my tickets!!
    Travelled to London twice in the last 2 years to see them so delighted they're playing Dublin this time

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arlandria

I wish I had that confirmation. Desperately wanting to go, but I'm not sure it'll be manageable. The temptation will likely override any better judgement though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Somebody please change the title of this thread, as it is clearly not the "best news ever".

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

Sold out so would assume it'll get bumped up to Vicar Street now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Just got a txt there to say the venue has been changed to the Academy. Inevitable I suppose but I was looking forward to them ripping the roof off Whelans. I've never seen a gig in the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Just got a txt there to say the venue has been changed to the Academy. Inevitable I suppose but I was looking forward to them ripping the roof off Whelans. I've never seen a gig in the Academy.

Be afraid - the Academy is an appalling music venue.... can't avoid the noise at the bar no matter where you go....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

roll wrote: »
    Be afraid - the Academy is an appalling music venue.... can't avoid the noise at the bar no matter where you go....

Been to many gigs at The Academy and NEVER had that issue, one of my fav venues

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 paulosam

Was looking forward to the intimacy of Whelans too. Not a huge fan of the Academy at all. Always found it fairly soulless.

Will still be cool to finally see the Whigs though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Any chance of this selling out The Academy? I really want to go and there are tix still available, but would be a bit much on the oul bank account atm :/ Would hate to miss it by stalling though...

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

Still tix left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

'Black Love' is their masterpiece IMHO. In order of greatness I'd rate their albums as follows:
    1. Black Love
    2. Gentlemen
    3. 1965
    4. Congregation
    5. Do To The Beast
    6. Up In It
    7. Big Top Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I'm still smarting from the last time Dulli and Lanegan walked off stage at the Academy just because a few tossers couldn't stop taking flash photos. Might have to get over it though and hope that the same thing doesn't happen again!

The Academy on Sunday night (28th) Is the place to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

T'was pretty good news ....

What a great gig last night, gig of the year so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I just seen a news report that the guitarist, Dave Rosser died, RIP.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dave-rosser-afghan-whigs-guitarist-dead-at-50-w485073

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was going to find this thread, just heard the sad news. Saw him with Gutter Twins only, never nice to hear it happen. And so close from the tour too, was he playing the last shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,089 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

All of a sudden the thread title seems rather inappropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I just seen a news report that the guitarist, Dave Rosser died, RIP.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dave-rosser-afghan-whigs-guitarist-dead-at-50-w485073

RIP Dave

Advertisement