Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Currently 2 for €10 on tubs of heros's, roses, celebrations and quality street in dunnes. They're the plastic tubs type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Saw the dreaded Quality Street for fiver in Tesco last weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

vicwatson wrote: »
    Saw the dreaded Quality Street for fiver in Tesco last weekend

Heros are a fiver there this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Heros are a fiver there this week

heroes were a fiver the other day in mine, there was a yellow sticker, not sure when it ended. But quality street show for 5 online now, with no mention of it being an offer.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293416515

heroes & roses tubs are not showing in searches. Celebrations are €7, and there is a "sweet champions" tub for €5 which is 750g

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293284860
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Get out sweet champions - chocolate only here :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

last time I was in SuperValu they has 800g tubs of Wine Gums & Jelly Babies for €5 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Supervalu have the 1.3kg tins (i.e. proper metal) of Quality Street on special for €8.

Eurospar have the ordinary tubs of Heroes, Celebrations etc. for €4.70.

Let the pricewars begin!!!

tallpaul wrote: »
    Supervalu have the 1.3kg tins (i.e. proper metal) of Quality Street on special for €8.

These are the tin weights
    1.273kg e net & 1.315kg inc. wraps

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=284743930

this is the standard plastic tub
    Pack Size: 726g
    750g inc. wraps

So the tin is 1.753 tubs worth of chocolate. So if the €8 tin was the tub size it would be €4.56.

So the tin seems slightly better value, but once I open either its gone in 3 days.

Tubs €5.99 in Tesco at moment

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Roses- 615grm boxes (standard blue card boxes- not tubs etc)- 6.15 each or 3 for a tenner in Dunnes
    Not sure what the Best before date is.

• Advertisement

Quality Street and Celebrations Tubs @ 4.75, Eurospar Barnhall (possibly others)

Haven't seen a tub of celebrations, just quality street in any Eurostar I've been to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

large tin of quality street 1.3kg tin in centra rathnew co wicklow @ €8 each

quality street 750/726g tub is 4.95 in tesco, I noticed there was a new one this called honeycomb, presumably like a crunchie. Then I saw they still had those toffee pennys so did not buy it.

4.95 +100 dentist bill can feck off.
    QUALITY Street lovers have slammed the confectioner’s decision to replace a much-loved sweet with a new chocolate.

The Toffee Deluxe, which has been included in Quality Street boxes for decades, has been replaced by the new Honeycomb Crunch.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1838621/quality-street-introduces-new-honeycomb-chocolate-but-ditches-old-favourite-toffee-deluxe/

actually found the new one and its not just crunchy but small bits.

Quality-Street-Honeycomb-Crunch.jpg

I don't recall the toffee deluxe, you'd swear they got rid of the purple ones with all the online articles.

Dunnes doing 4 for €20 and is mix and match offer. Tubs are the standard plastic ones of roses, heroes, quality street and celebrations. You could also choose 18 cans of Pepsi, club orange and 7 up as one of the items. There was also a box of King crisps with the offer.

I got celebrations, roses, quality street and box of King for €20

matchthis wrote: »
    Dunnes doing 4 for €20 and is mix and match offer. Tubs are the standard plastic ones of roses, heroes, quality street and celebrations. You could also choose 18 cans of Pepsi, club orange and 7 up as one of the items. There was also a box of King crisps with the offer.

I got celebrations, roses, quality street and box of King for €20

And the tenner off when you spend 50 from a previous purchse continues to hold..........

Our dentists must be in cahoots with Margaret Heffernan...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Start taxing all the sugary food and the government would be cleaning up nvm the cigarettes now :p

Tesco down to €4.95 for these apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭Nollog

They were yesterday anyway. Quality streets heroes celebrations. I think roses too but didn't spot it until I was heading out.

yeah saw them last night. I also saw one or 2 tubs of roses with different pictures on the front. They were the same weight but not sure if the selection was the same. The new style tub I saw had all them listed & named on the back, while the other did not. I wondered if it was different sweets.

This was the new one
    Lidoff_540x540.jpg

Be good if they did tubs of the better ones, or a mix of 2 of the better ones. I know they did them in cartons but they were very dear, like just purple ones, might have been quality street doing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

spar selling for 4.75 tub's of roses.

roses2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Doing my nut, anyone know where I can get the heroes tubs, you know the large ones not the pouches they have in tesco?
    I thought they'd be all over the place but no...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Doing my nut, anyone know where I can get the heroes tubs, you know the large ones not the pouches they have in tesco?

They'd normally be in the less populous supermarkets. Have you tried any Eurospar?

Tesco had the tubs of Heroes last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I was in Dunnes at the Ilac yesterday and they had all tubs available. 4.75 each too so the cheapest I'd seen them so far. I got the Heroes and Celebrations.

Tesco in Jervis only had Quality street left and nothing else. Hadn't really looked anywhere else.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I was in Dunnes at the Ilac yesterday and they had all tubs available. 4.75 each too so the cheapest I'd seen them so far. I got the Heroes and Celebrations.
    heroes and celebrations have no "duds" for me, roses & quality street still have duds. I think some people are still blinded by the old mentality that rose and quality street used to be relatively expensive and "special" and so put a higher value on them. I have seen people sneer at celebrations/heroes saying they are "just" small versions of the bars. But they are still usually a lot lower price per kilo than the bars.

tesco QS is 4.95 per 750g tub, 726g without wrappers which is 6.82 per kilo of chocolate. Don't think I saw these in my tesco though.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=293416515

Tesco have tins 1.273kg of QS without wrappers for 8euro , 6.28 per kilo
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=284743930

I will try another dunnes tomorrow then, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Quatity St €4 in Tesco now

Its the heroes I am after, on a mission almost! :-D
    I'll report back late tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

I got Celebrations in Aldi Santry about an hour ago plenty left. They also had Quality Street......

Advertisement