Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Guys, its doesn't matter what the price was ten years ago. What matters is the price now and where are the bargains

Back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kn wrote:
    I remember last year that Dunnes cut their tins down to €4 or €4.50 I think on Christmas Eve or the day before so if you can hold on it should happen again.

Right. Time to double-check what time Dunnes closes on Christmas Eve.
    I love me some last minute bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So it seems like tesco is devoid of any, so where to now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Right. Time to double-check what time Dunnes closes on Christmas Eve.
    I love me some last minute bargain!

The best for Christmas Eve bargains are Aldi who cut the sh1t out of Turkey's and Salmon etc from about noon. They seem to cut every couple of hours so hang on until 2pm or so if your brave.....I have the freezer cleared out specifically for the sides of salmon for a fiver.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Tesco and Dunne's had plenty of both roses and quality street in the Square,Tallaght, this morning

• Advertisement

kn wrote:
    The best for Christmas Eve bargains are Aldi who cut the sh1t out of Turkey's and Salmon etc from about noon. They seem to cut every couple of hours so hang on until 2pm or so if your brave.....I have the freezer cleared out specifically for the sides of salmon for a fiver.......

That's great! I'll keep that in mind.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kn wrote: »
    The best for Christmas Eve bargains are Aldi who cut the sh1t out of Turkey's and Salmon etc from about noon.
    Tesco do the same, mine anyway. Got a tesco finest free range turkey for around a fiver, taht might have been just a crown, I think I got a regular turkey for the same though another year.

Some might not want to take the risk, but some might be planning on having another at a later date. Also some other stuff is sold off simply because it is "christmassy" but would last several weeks after, like cheese selections which have pictures of snowflakes on them. Minutes before closing they may start announcing "all fresh meat will be 50% off displayed price" and I think this might have discounted already discounted stuff.

In the weeks after christmas I got nuts well in date with snowflakes for next to nothing. And qualitiy street "purple bars" again well in date and not even a snowflake on them, some manager must have just said "I associate them with christmas, get rid of them".

Old posts in this very thread show the chocolates tubs were indeed going for €3 on christmas eve, and €4 in the days before that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A galway supermarket, Joyces, selling Roses 729g & Heroes 695g for €3.99 if you spend min €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Old Dunnes Stores in Letterkenny only has Celebrations left and they are down to €3.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Christmas eve..have they hit €3 yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Mica087

Celebrations now €2.99, dunnes blanchardstown, flying out the door!

No celebration tubs in dunnes cornelscourt. Heard a guy asking an employee stacking smaller cartons, presumably asking about the tubs, and dunnes man said they all went this morning. They had pallet loads of quality street tubs, and shelves brimming with them, but at 4.99, no tubs of roses or heroes that I could see. Could well drop in price later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭cosmos49

Im addicted to tubs/tins roses since Christmas.Where can i get them in Dublin?

[

[withdrawel now starting Need tin Of Roses Sweets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

cosmos49 wrote: »
    [withdrawel now starting Need tin Of Roses Sweets

You can get roses, in boxes, year round in every supermarket

The tubs are rarely sold outside of November and December.

Saw the roses tubs in supervalu balally yesterday, didn't see a price up though, big pile of them.

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw the roses tubs in supervalu balally yesterday, didn't see a price up though, big pile of them.

Thanks to Rudadub for the eagle eyed spot of these tubs of Roses.I missed them on the first sweep of shop.But then got 2 tubs for w,end. 18 tubs left @6.50 ea.Hope they will be there for while.:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Lilly o brien box chocolates 170g 75% off in dunnes scanning at 2.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭micks_address

Lilly o brien box chocolates 170g 75% off in dunnes scanning at 2.50

Anyone selling boxes in North county Dublin or have shelves been cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

ok i know its not christmas when this thread is alive but is there anywhere that stocks the big tubs / boxes around this time of year. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    ok i know its not christmas when this thread is alive but is there anywhere that stocks the big tubs / boxes around this time of year. Thanks

Come back in October

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Come back in October

ha ha! thanks i think but seriously anywhere. i have seen on amazon they have them but they are pretty pricey. Having a party and thought a big box of celebrations would be a good idea!

ha ha! thanks i think but seriously anywhere. i have seen on amazon they have them but they are pretty pricey. Having a party and thought a big box of celebrations would be a good idea!

Must admit I love them myself and I would rather not know lol,,You could check the wholesalers and so perhaps,Judging the way things are these days it would not surprise me if they where in the shops end of this month..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,678 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They generally come out about the last week in August or first week in September.
    I saw something on Facebook a few weeks ago and they were selling the tubs of sweets in a shop over in London but they looked like last years stock.
    I know the shops had the small boxes of sweets in for fathers day/end of school year and we tried the quality street and heroes and they tasted nice compared to the tubs. However the Heroes were smaller and were all in the new style wrapper apart from éclair.
    I heard the roses box is meant to be redesigned this year and it's meant to have more purple on the box than blue!

Got a relative to get some in Morrisons in the uk and they will be bringing them over!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Got a relative to get some in Morrisons in the uk and they will be bringing them over!

Wonder whats the BB date on them?

Wonder whats the BB date on them?

4th December 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just found a tub of Celebrations in the back of a press from last Christmas!! Best before is August. Oh the joy!!!!

tallpaul wrote:
    Just found a tub of Celebrations in the back of a press from last Christmas!! Best before is August. Oh the joy!!!!

Congrats, man!
    Go mental!

• Advertisement

Spotted in Dunnes stores at €8 not sure if bargain buy hey they are here again..Too early????

https://twitter.com/techbuzzireland/status/767365579623759872

Advertisement