Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nandos

Options
  • 29-10-2014 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Anyone here about a nandos opening up in galway? Seen it on Facebook

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Anyone here about a nandos opening up in galway? Seen it on Facebook

It's a piss take from from always gadvertiser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

swiftman wrote: »
    It's a piss take from from always gadvertiser

I don't get these pages... same as Waterford whispers and the onion... I mean they are just fictional news reports. How are they so popular?

If the same type of thing was reported in one of the rags there would be a bit of backlash for bad reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I didn't hear anything so it's probably just a bad rumour.
    <3 Nandos

OP, go back and check your source.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If only, if only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The giveaway thing on the FB is a what will catch out the young intellectuals of Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'd love to see how many people turn up in eyre square to get their "free" sauce bottles and goodie bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

It's the Alway Gadvertiser alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

This is just mean. I giggled a bit at the Starbucks joke, but who jokes about delicious spicy chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The Alway Gadvertiser used to be amusing. Now it just seems to try to mislead people with rumours that don't even sound the slightest bit far-fetched. What's the point in that? There's nothing funny about it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

For what it's worth, is this the page:

https://www.facebook.com/nandosgalway?fref=nf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭kefir32

pity ..... love nandos

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Too bad it's a fake rumour. I'm sure there's some spotty 14yo wetting himself over this attention. And he doesn't even know where Nandos is from :D
    For anyone who likes South African food there is still boerewors with onion relish at the market.

Btw, how to find where Nandos opens next, use the horse's mouth www.nandos.ie/restaurants/openings

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Had my first Nando's experience in Dublin earlier.

Never again.

Poor food & very expensive.

Been there, done that. So will never have to go back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Sofa King wrote: »
    Had my first Nando's experience in Dublin earlier.

Never again.

Poor food & very expensive.

Been there, done that. So will never have to go back again.

That's be Ireland for you. In England it's pretty nice and quite affordable.

Can imagine it being a bit unbearably swamped if one opened up here though. At least in England there's one on every high street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Nando's is totally overrated, I'll never understand all the hype...

Chicken is ok, everyting else is poor and it's bloody expensive for what you get...

Intifada wrote: »

Can imagine it being a bit unbearably swamped if one opened up here though. At least in England there's one on every high street.
    Treadhead wrote: »

Chicken is ok, everyting else is poor and it's bloody expensive for what you get...

We got:

1 x Wing Platter to share between 2 (10 Wings in total)
    1 x Chicken Burger with Chips
    1 x Double Chicken Burger with Chips
    2 x Coca Cola

Price: €45.60

- For about €15 more, we could have had two courses in The G Hotel.

Overrated Restaurant, Underwhelming Food & Ridiculously Overpriced.

We'll never return to any Nando's again nor will we ever understand the hype about the place.

In England two people can have a quick meal for under £20 which is pretty decent. Wouldn't go there for your grad supper like but for lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Tried Nandos for the first time recently at Gatwick airport. It was no better than average canteen food. The main gimmick seems to be a vast array of bottled sauces - none of the ones I tried were anything special. I don't get why it's so popular but I guess it is.

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Tried Nandos for the first time recently at Gatwick airport. It was no better than average canteen food. The main gimmick seems to be a vast array of bottled sauces - none of the ones I tried were anything special. I don't get why it's so popular but I guess it is.

I went for the Extra Extra Hot sauce.

I've had spicier ketchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

The hype can be summarised as........it's not local so it must be better than everything already here.

There was the same rubbish when KFC, Burger King and McDonalds etc came to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ugh kfc is terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

They get the food in pre cooked too.

Sofa King wrote: »
    I went for the Extra Extra Hot sauce.

I've had spicier ketchup.
    No, you haven't.
    They get the food in pre cooked too
    Sounding more and more like these Dublin ones are a proper cowboy set-up! Every other one I've been to you can actually see the food being cooked as the kitchen is behind the service area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

No, you haven't.

Sounding more and more like these Dublin ones are a proper cowboy set-up! Every other one I've been to you can actually see the food being cooked as the kitchen is behind the service area.

They char it on the grill. Well known that they simply heat the food instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I like Nandos. Was a bit late to it. Didn't hear about it until somebody I was going to Dublin with said we should stop in Dundrum and get some.

It was really good there. I've had it since somewhere near to Dame St. It was ok. Not as good.

I got it in the UK and in Australia and it seemed nicer there, for some reason. I didn't think it was too expensive..

They char it on the grill. Well known that they simply heat the food instore.
    Looked like pretty obvious raw chicken every time I've been.

Besides, Boojum 'pre-cook' (aka cook) their meat and everyone raves about it. As long as it's not dry, which it isn't, there's no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I had heard all the hype and had never been. When in Liverpool last year there was a queue out the door so we said we would go in and see what all the fuss was about.

Do not get it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Have had nicer meals in Nando's than the G hotel tbh.

cowlove wrote: »
    I had heard all the hype and had never been. When in Liverpool last year there was a queue out the door so we said we would go in and see what all the fuss was about.

Do not get it at all.

Yeah I can imagine being disappointed after being misled by the 'hype'. You can thank Premiership footballers and the Twitter generation for that.

It's just pretty nice chicken and chips. A step between fast food and restaurant food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Yeah I can imagine being disappointed after being misled by the 'hype'. You can thank Premiership footballers and the Twitter generation for that.

It's just pretty nice chicken and chips. A step between fast food and restaurant food.

Yeah maybe my expectations were too high! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement