Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£25,000 fine plus three match ban

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I dunno but the tweet gave me a laugh anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Seems very harsh but for a lad in his 30's it's a pretty stupid thing to say to anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Blay wrote: »
    I dunno but the tweet gave me a laugh anyway :pac:

You must think "yore ma" is hilarious then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Ardent

Rio's not the sharpest, is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We are talking about the guy who went shopping instead of doing a drugs test and thought he should be okay...

Nice but dim, I beleive is the phrase.

(Still don;t think this warrants a bloody suspension though)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭abff

In fairness, I can understand the fine. He should know better than to react to that stupid ****'s comment. But a three match ban and a requirement to attend counselling? C'mon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I was kinda hoping they would delete his account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Why do footballers even have twitter accounts, surely more hassle than they're worth.

Worse again is responding to trolls like Ferdinand did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He deserves a heftier fine just for being associated with Jack Whitehall and James Cordon in any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

He's always come across a bit of a knob, that said it's a ridiculous punishment for him. Why should QPR suffer (matter of opinion!) for a non football related incident?

He should take leaf out of Stephen O'Donnells book.
    http://talkofthetown.ie/2014/10/29/odonnell-1-trolls-0-dundalk-captain-has-last-laugh/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You must think "yore ma" is hilarious then.

Hey, it gave me a laugh, not going to pretend it didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Why should QPR suffer (matter of opinion!) for a non football related incident?
    As a QPR fan, I whole-heartedly agree with the ban (and wish it was longer), but not for the reason he got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd wager he got a ban because he's been fined before for Twitter outbursts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

A harmless reply to a jibe from somone taking the piss out of him

As **** a word as it is, for lack of a better one - banter.

Over the top IMO.

maximoose wrote: »
    A harmless reply to a jibe from somone taking the piss out of him

As **** a word as it is, for lack of a better one - banter.

Over the top IMO.

Would it be harmless if it was to do with race or sexual orientation?

Call a woman a slut in public when you're representing a club and expect to get punishment.

It was stupid by Ferdinand from a guy that should know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Would it be harmless if it was to do with race or sexual orientation?

Call a woman a slut in public when you're representing a club and expect to get punishment.

It was stupid by Ferdinand from a guy that should know better.

This is where my issue of it is - I would expect any punishment to come from his employer. Getting punished by the league seems kind of wrong to me...i'm just not sure it's their place to intervene with something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    This is where my issue of it is - I would expect any punishment to come from his employer. Getting punished by the league seems kind of wrong to me...i'm just not sure it's their place to intervene with something like this.

But then the fa have to act because of the whole respect campaign and the likes too . I don't really agree with him getting such a harsh ban for what he did but the fa don't take kindly to any of that childish behavior . Plus Ferdinand doesn't really have much cop on with some of the stuff he puts on twitter too .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I find it strange that sports people are subject to bans and fines for stuff like this. If you did it yourself would you expect your boss to punish you? Would an actor lose a role? A singer lose a record deal?
    It's mad but nothing less than he could expect so it's his own stupid fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

The same f*cker racially abused Ashley Cole on Twitter before.
    He has previous and would assume he's been warned before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Makes me wonder if QPR were behind the whole thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

El Weirdo wrote: »
    As a QPR fan, I whole-heartedly agree with the ban (and wish it was longer), but not for the reason he got it.

According to one of the tabloids some of his team mates are of the same opinion and think the team is better off without him.

We are talking about the guy who went shopping instead of doing a drugs test and thought he should be okay...

Nice but dim, I beleive is the phrase.

When he was at Leeds, his reputation out and about town was anything but nice.

Then again, maybe lots has changed, because he was also an outstanding player then.

Advertisement